Concert tickets

AVB

Went to see Tom Petty earlier in the year. My old man, me and a mate were all on the phone and interweb as soon as the tickets went on sale but had no joy, ended up paying £130 for a £55 ticket on the 'Viagogo' website. Also had to pay £80 for a £37.50 ticket to see the Pistols a few years back from the 'Get Me In' web site. They're supposed to be ticket exchange websites for fans but that's all it seems to be is legalised touting.

I saw that Fleetwood Mac announced their UK tour dates and I fancied seeing them. Tickets were released at 09:00 this morning. At 09:01 none of the ticket agencies had any left. All sold out.

How does that happen so quickly?

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/search?tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search&aid=735087&user_input=fleetwood&q=Fleetwood+Mac

these alwasy manage seem to have tickets!!

Found the same with Peter Gabriel at the O2. I would have like 2 tickets, but could only find the odd seats, miles apart from each other and at extortionate rates as well. Ironically, this was from a ticket agency with connections to Ticketmaster.

A few years ago when ticket prices started going ridiculous i decided not to bother anymore. If i can find a cheapo i will still go, but greed is the order of the day. I paid 40quid to see the police back in 08 and 50quid to see george michael in 07. These were high prices for me at the time but they were commesurate with what i was getting out of it. Its all a ton plus nowadays and quite frankly they can poke their tickets. People keep paying and this so called 'market rate' goes ever higher. Nice if people collectively said 'no' to the prices and put a couple of tours out of business. The prices would drop very quickly.

A few years ago when ticket prices started going ridiculous i decided not to bother anymore. If i can find a cheapo i will still go, but greed is the order of the day. I paid 40quid to see the police back in 08 and 50quid to see george michael in 07. These were high prices for me at the time but they were commesurate with what i was getting out of it. Its all a ton plus nowadays and quite frankly they can poke their tickets. People keep paying and this so called 'market rate' goes ever higher. Nice if people collectively said 'no' to the prices and put a couple of tours out of business. The prices would drop very quickly.

In the same boat here, I've seen Pink Floyd, Genesis and loads of others but now I wont pay the massive mark up that is needed to obtain even the most basic of ticket.

Nowadays we go to the smaller concerts like the cambridge Rock Festival, MUCH better value for money!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

These touts /agencies use sophisticated online buying software(think auto bidding on the bay but a bit more advanced) which basically locks out everyone else until the agencies have all the tickets they require .Micheal Buble tickets on the bay are fetching in excess of £200 .

After being unable to get any tickets through the agencies my wife rang the American Express Concierge service. One of the services you get with the card that I never use. Well they said they might be getting some extra tickets and that they would put us on the wait list. They rang my wife up today and said they had two tickets did we want them. Face value + £5.00 processing fee.

Quite a result. :good:

• 7 months later...

I saw that Fleetwood Mac announced their UK tour dates and I fancied seeing them. Tickets were released at 09:00 this morning. At 09:01 none of the ticket agencies had any left. All sold out.

How does that happen so quickly?

Hi AVB

I know this topic is quite a few months old, but I have 2 Fleetwood Mac Tickets available

~ Tickets now Sold ~

Edited by RedRobin

I'm pretty sure touting isn't illegal for music concerts, hence being fine to sell them on Ebay, I think they should sell all tickets on an ebay style ticket portal IE all the tickets go on sale 9AM Friday and auctions close at 9PM, that could put the touts out of business! Yes you'd pay more, but a lot of the time you have to pay more to get tickets on ebay now anyways!

I'm pretty sure touting isn't illegal for music concerts, hence being fine to sell them on Ebay, I think they should sell all tickets on an ebay style ticket portal IE all the tickets go on sale 9AM Friday and auctions close at 9PM, that could put the touts out of business! Yes you'd pay more, but a lot of the time you have to pay more to get tickets on ebay now anyways!

Yeah, I googled it and you are right. Only not allowed for football tickets, but everything else is fair game. Ridiculous really.