how was the shooting show?

contrysports

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading this in my hotel room nearby. I think everyone should boycott tomorrow then I can have the place to myself, being followed by a mobile coffee station and everyone throwing bargains at me LOL.

Truth is, reading these descriptions, i'm probably going to regret going and spend 6 hours getting home in the snow!

Anyway.......It's a day out.

Well I didn't get the place to myself but did get there for 8.20, parked close by and straight in. The first hour was fine with plenty of elbow room then started to get busier. By the time I left around one, it was heaving with more coming in.

I do agree with the comments that it is great to get hands on with stuff you were considering buying and that your local shop might not stock. Also, in my case, work is likely to blow out going to the CLA or Midland.

I got a pop-up hide from pigeon shooter that I probably wouldn't have fancied on the web. Still I would have felt different if I'd got there later. Anyway nearly home and still no snow.

Had pretty much the same experience as everyone else. We got there early and you could see by the lack of organization that ques where going to build up. Managed to get some good deals on stuff for the shoot at the game section which was a welcome break from the two main rooms. Managed to buy a really good auto feeder and some springs plus lot of good leads for everything else. The archery shooting was good fun as-well as the simulated shooting. my mate was disappointed as he had hoped to buy a DT11 but could only find one lefty that wasn't quite right, in fact there was hardly any left handed guns. Would probably go again as it was a good laugh in hotel but need to get there as early as possible.

I went yesterday and posted what i thought earlier, i didn't mention the air soft bit as i thought it might have stirred up something, but oh dear what is that all about, i thought i had walked into a war zone, fully kitted out storm troopers wearing cammo, side arms, et al, each to their own and all that but how very sad. :no:

They should get themselves to Afghanistan and find out if they like it for real!

Bunch of phsyco nutters imho.

Sunday and just back, 16:30 from the show, brilliant, was thinking that the trip was going to be a nightmare from reading this thread...

Oxford to Warwick not to far, set off at 7.30 got to the ground 8;20 clear run turned right before the main gates as two range rovers in front did that, others behind too

they went across a field track into a back gate came in the back door you could say, marshals then guided them and me to hard standing pretty dam close to the front door... I guess they had a 'P' sticker I didn't but thought ****** it... what's the problem

walked in paid my £17.50 and at 8:35 was having my first cup of coffee and studying the free show guide

the day then was completely comfortable, yes there was people but you could get around and see everything

agree no real bargains, but the idea is to go from one to the other and compare quality and prices, also nice to meet people that you speak to on the phone while ordering stuff

the trade said Saturday was a nightmare, but they took money, Sunday was easier they said, my Gunsmith had sold twenty one guns so he was happy with the event

stayed there for 6 hours

15 mins and I was out of the ground also

agree no signs in or out and once on the ground no guidance

They should get themselves to Afghanistan and find out if they like it for real!

Bunch of phsyco nutters imho.

Shame of it.....still cant understand why ?? funny as they think its the real thing, especially LOVED the M16 Assault rifle Air soft in PINK for the ladies.....

They should not be at a shooting show, maybe just a toy shop..... grow up boys and get a pair. Our lads in the middle east would be ashamed.

Just returned from show with two mates. Think the weather played a big part so halls were jammed. all in all a good day but felt it lacked something that it has last year cant put my finger on it but there were more deals to be done last year. traders were flexable on prices in previous years, may be new venue has higher prices for traders pitches.

I went today with Blackla there was no delay getting into the site at around 10.30, we were directed to a car park a five minute walk from the entrance. There was a short five minute queue to get in which kept moving and there were five desks open taking cash only payments. No facility for credit cards but there was an ATM outside, which I understand had a service charge of £3.50.

There were no queues for the toilets and we got served around lunchtime with food and drink relatively quickly. I didn't think the halls were overly crowded after hearing about the problems yesterday. I know quite a few of the people who were manning stalls and they all commented it was bedlam but they'd done very well.

I think it's likely the show will be deemed a success but with lessons needed to be learned with regard to the amount of people attending so need to gear up the car parking and entry system accordingly.

Given the weather at this time of year it has to be better for everyone to hold it in a completely indoor venue.

Hi :-) just wana say a big thanks to all the guys on here who popped by the SACS stand today for some cuddles ;-p hope to see yous at the other gamefairs down this way or next year :-*

What have you been told about "Grooming" :lol: :lol:

Hi :-) just wana say a big thanks to all the guys on here who popped by the SACS stand today for some cuddles ;-p hope to see yous at the other gamefairs down this way or next year :-*

It was nice meeting you on saturday did not get to see you after at the SACS stand. Had a good day looking around at stuff but kept my money in my pocket.ha ha

Well am back home safe from a great day out ! Mixed feelings on the show:

Crowd numbers were fine, not silly like Saturday was.

More toilets and food choices needed.

Vehicle access and parking was very good.

Prices were fair and competitive.

My purchases:

8 X flocked pigeon decoys with sprung sticks £2.50 each

1 X A9 tiablo yellow/amber filter for the torch £15 from £20

1 X Napier pull through cleaning kit, £25, 0nline £26+ delivery

1 x spray can of Parker hale bore solvent £5

1 x big roll of cleaning flannelette £5

1 x 20bore bronze brush £4

2 X flashing dog collar lights ( very well made) £15

1 x tub of lens cleaning anti mist paste £5

1 x rubber boot for bottom of dive bottle £4

Sadly no one had a Jack Pyke LLCS suit, so I will scour online and see what I can find !

Really enjoyed the day out, just need a lottery win to buy more and the time and ground to use it on! I also resisted to urge to buy a pack of 20 x firebird targets at £20. And also made sure we had a good slobber over the Blaxhall and endmondson shotguns that are made here in Shropshire

Just need the weather to dry up and play ball now ! And expect I will be going again next year

i didn't manage to go to the show due to working sat & sun

im sorry to hear that a few people didnt have a good day, im happy that i didn't go but commiserations to you that didn't enjoy.

the yorkshire gamefair is to be held on the wentworth estate this year "inbetween barnsley and sheffield"... worth a look i am looking forward to this one...

went yestersday far too many people priorty parking pathectic it took 1 hour 15 minutes to get in, no help from any body god knows what would have happened if their had been a fire , apart from that managed to find Chris Green the cornish countryman what a star he is just like he is in is flims perfect gentlemen, bought one of is bouncers with a free set off wings thrown in.

food and drink price s a joke , clothing price s very good most other things over priced,

will not bother again .

Got there at 07:30. Guided in to the Priority Parking Area. Had a snack in the car and a coffee. Went in at 08:00. Emerged at 15:50. Got a bit crowded about 11:00 - 14:00. Had a great time. Spent a few bob, got a good few bargains. Traders were very amenable. No problem leaving the area. Tractors had to pull a few 2WD cars of the grassed area, but weather was foul, rained non stop. Sleet and snow on the way back.

All in all had a great time.