carrying gear

fletch2

Hi all, i was thinking of making myself a trolly to carry all my gear, was thinking something in the way of a golf caddy set up but im not sure if it will be any cope. ive tryed the carry bags but im only a short **** and they aint comfy for me.

so my question is what is your set up to get across fields that the truck cant get to? please upload any pics you have that could help me with my home build.

cheers fletch

I tried a fishing type troller once. Never again! Mind you it was around a wet drilled field so all that happed was the wheels clogged up and I ended up dragging the bloody thing loaded up with gear without the wheels turning!

I guess it would be ok if the ground was bone dry but how often is that.

I had a few days decoying last year with Graham of this site (ayano3) and I soon learned from him that the best way to transport your decoying gear is via a FISHING BOX.

Thats all I use now. I bought an extra padded strap cuase its still heavy but so much easier. The plus side to this is it doubles up as a comfy seat with a cusion on it and you can get pretty much all your gear inside it too. In mine I carry 12 decoys (shells) + sticks. 2 hide nets. Turbo Flapper + battery. Rotary. A cusion. My flask and lunch. Plus you can throw all your empties in it at the end of the day!!! All i have to do then is carry my hide poles and rotary arms ( which are in a bag with shoulder strap ) and my gun :yes:

Now I guess you could go one step further and put your box on a trolly and pull it, if its dry of course.

Works for me :yahoo:

I`m experimenting with a "sled" made from a plastic road works safety panel, a sheet of thin plywood and some bungee straps.

So far it seems to work in principle, is light, cheap and has no wheels with which to have problems.

Far more sophisticated, and expensive, things in the form of deer sledges already exist and seem quite popular.

fishing trolley but also a carp holdal(quiver type) fits decoys in it followed by netting on top all poles and gun attach to outside. Can pick up a cheap chub or jrc quiver for under a tenner at a car boot or fleabay, trolley i paid £15 for at boot sale. In fact if its not comfort you want you can fit most of it in the quiver and just add a shooting stick thingy to sit on, can all be carried over shoulder and you can pack up and move throughout the day when the birds move on :good:

I cant recommend the decoy sledge enough! I use mine for carrying everything, in the sledge in the picture there are 4 full body canada goose decoys, 10 shell canada decoys, my chair, 2 nets and the poles. It will also float fully loaded!! im sure you'd get loads of pigeon decoying gear into one, think i paid £40 for mine at the midland game fair 2 years ago.

2B5D11F1-3ECC-453F-8E8F-D90DB4824A1B-696-000001FCACB7991A.jpg

SportsDirect.com have a range of golf trolly's from £15.00. I'm going over to my local store tomorrow, to see what they are like. Failing that, I'll order online and pay the postage.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-junior-golf-trolley-874009

http://www.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-steel-golf-trolley-874012

Also available on Ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Slazenger-LW-Golf-Steel-Trolley-CL31-Black-Boxed-NEW-/300850447645?pt=UK_Golf_Trolleys&hash=item460c15851d

• 2 weeks later...

Further to my previous post, I've went and purchased a golf trolly from Sports Direct for £17.99. On the bottom, where the golf bag rests, I added a piece of shaped wood so that my decoy bag will sit on it better. As well as my decoy bag, I will be able to carry other bits and pieces on the trolly, which will make my life a lot easier. I'm looking forward to trying it out soon.

Further to my previous post, I've went and purchased a golf trolly from Sports Direct for £17.99. On the bottom, where the golf bag rests, I added a piece of shaped wood so that my decoy bag will sit on it better. As well as my decoy bag, I will be able to carry other bits and pieces on the trolly, which will make my life a lot easier. I'm looking forward to trying it out soon.

Really want to see some pictures of your solution to the problem Steve!