Motivation / Moral - Where do you get yours from for the gym?

Salop Matt

Ive been doing to the gym now for about 10 months and got some really good and pleasing results!

But since christmas its been a bit of a dragg and I dont want to fail with it but I have slipped a bit since christmas! I have a our wedding in may and am currently doing mine and my bosses jobs as she is off ill and has been for 3 months now so its really tiering! leaving work at night and crashing out on the sofa is such an easy option and real appealing.

So where do you lot get your motivation from to keep the enthusiasum for things like the gym rather than sitting on your carcass when you finish work ?

I need to get a boot up my own rear and find the enjoyment again in the gym.

ATB

Matt

I have some instant Morale (read 'motivation') for you.....

Imagine showing everyone your Wedding Pictures with you looking like a fat mess.. and people saying 'doesn't he look well' (meaning fat!) and then having to look at them for the next 60 years (with at least 1 picture on view somewhere) or being embarrassed to let anyone see them at all, then having to show the kids........ (i could go on but you get the idea!!)

That little pep talks free!!! Some people pay good money for that!

Cardio from taking the dog out for long brisk walks. Weights in the garage. I know how you feel, lost 7lbs but bad weather etc.....

Try going to gym before you get home possibly?, saves having to get up and go out again.

Well done for the achievements so far..

Iv'e done gym workouts for over 20 years now,I am fortunate I don't have to work,so I find that I can manage a good routine for 3 days a week,30 mins cardio,75 mins weights and a half mile swim.The only time I miss a day or two was for hospital treatment but I would swim instead,on a good day I can do 2 miles .Don't set yourself un reachable targets,you'll just get fed up not reaching them,make up a few routines and vary your visits with a different one on each visit

What was your 'motivation' for going to the gym in the first place?

Personally I think anything that becomes a chore wont work at all, find something you like and do that instead.

I've never gone to a gym and hopefully never will, but that is because I don't care what others think about what I look like and I'm happy the way I am (well I am a bronzed love-god after all).

i worked out for a good year or so and also had great results, ate clean and counted my macros.. ate loads of bulkin protein.. when my work out partner stopped working out i had no one to spot me in the gym and it became boring and no fun so i quit.. find a gym partner.. this really does spur ya on, spur each other on and what not.. really does keep ya motivated,

Try doing something like boxing or MMA, has worked for me. I'm 6 stones lighter than i was this time last year and i absolutely love going to the gym.

If i think i am starting to flag i enter an endurance run, i then know if i dont put the work in i will suffer.

Just keep at it mate, we all get lazy periods, just dont let them last too long

Try doing something like boxing or MMA, has worked for me. I'm 6 stones lighter than i was this time last year and i absolutely love going to the gym.

If i think i am starting to flag i enter an endurance run, i then know if i dont put the work in i will suffer

I 'enjoy' the gym but can't motivate myself - 6 stones lighter is exactly what I'd love but 6lbs is a struggle! I find dark mornings and dark evenings in the winter kill my enthusiasm for going and then I'm reluctant to 'follow the herd' back in January!

I really need to get back but I can't see me doing it - I tihnk I may have to sign back up at the posher gym - costs quite a bit more so I can't afford to waste it!

As said, diet is the vast majority of body shape, >70%. If you find the gym, as in the same old weights, same tread mill/cross trainer/rowing machine boring change it up.

I train Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu twice a week (apart from recently when I crushed my thumb in a log splitter) and love it, plus I do a circuit class twice a week too, these burn 1000 cals a session as they are constant, non stop. These really work.i used to be 15st 11lb, not I'm 14st 4lb, and my body has changed amazingly.

Kind regards

Jonathan