F4cebook?

wildfowler.250

If you went round your mates and asked him for some pictures of his misses in some skimpy clothes he wouldnt show you them. But you can have a look on facebook.

We was working at a house and there was a fit daughter, she added me and thats were facebook gets you into trouble.

Edited by cockercas

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It can be useful, but, like anything, it can also cause problems. It is useful for keeping in touch with distant relatives. I also use it to keep up to date with organisations like BASC, CA, conservation organisations, etc. As a lot of people use it, it is also useful for campaigning. But you do have to be careful what you put on there.

Personally prefer LinkedIn and that has got me in enough trouble....

It's odd that people say fb is too intrusive, but I never hear the same about LinkedIn.

As and when I go on LinkIn I get suggestions for friends or connections from people I have only ever emailed through work and never normally in a 'chummy' way.

There is no way on earth these people would have looked me up and made the suggestion, so I can only assume it has links into my inbox.

To me that is far more of a concern than anything on fb.

It's odd that people say fb is too intrusive, but I never hear the same about LinkedIn.

As and when I go on LinkIn I get suggestions for friends or connections from people I have only ever emailed through work and never normally in a 'chummy' way.

There is no way on earth these people would have looked me up and made the suggestion, so I can only assume it has links into my inbox.

To me that is far more of a concern than anything on fb.

Did you ever give LinkedIn your email address and password so it could 'suggest' connections when you first registered?

Posting in a forum is no different to posting on Facebook. You're sharing something which interests you and hopefully your listeners. Your other topic does exactly that.

Except that on forums you are anonymous. I did join fb because I had to for work but I don't have 'friends' or post anything as I don't want to mix my work life and personal life.

Posting in a forum is no different to posting on Facebook. You're sharing something which interests you and hopefully your listeners. Your other topic does exactly that.

I beg to differ. On Facebook you admit to your own name, here you're a little anonymous, Yes I'm Chris Bb but only a chosen few know what the Bb really is. Here we enjoy different aspects of shooting, on Facebook it's everything & anything, however banal, breakfasts & poos included.

I regard Facebook as dangerous, too much of your privacy is easily invaded. Plus, as has been said before, I've seen husbands/wives/ex's "stalking" each other, a frightening thought.

I regard Facebook as dangerous, too much of your privacy is easily invaded. Plus, as has been said before, I've seen husbands/wives/ex's "stalking" each other, a frightening thought.

But it isn't though. You can zip up your personal privacy settings to the max in a few easy steps, you can block people by name and email address, and in fact many people don't even use their real name. People who knock FB's privacy most likely don't understand it properly.

Most numptys using it friend a load of people they don't really know properly (to call friends at any rate) then moan when they don't like what they see.

It really, really, really isn't rocket science.

If you don't like it when you punch yourself in the face, don't punch yourself in the face.

I beg to differ. On Facebook you admit to your own name, here you're a little anonymous, Yes I'm Chris Bb but only a chosen few know what the Bb really is. Here we enjoy different aspects of shooting, on Facebook it's everything & anything, however banal, breakfasts & poos included.

Ok, so you can join here as 'Chris Bb' and I'd find it hard to find much out about you. Others on here join as JamesHorton1976 and put their location as the Isle of Wight. The latter pretty much gives away everything to the world and anyone with half a brain can find you and a lot about you.

If you leave your Facebook profile open to the world, then expect to be found. If you stay here as Chris Bb and you're actually Andrew Johnston, then you're smart and know how to protect yourself. If you lock down your Facebook profile properly, there's pretty much no chance of someone finding you. You can make yourself invisible to anyone outside of your group of friends, even to the point that you're not listed in your friends' friends list.

Ultimately you're joining a members only club, sharing; stories, pictures and making friends. You might even meet some of us for a pint, or even trust one of us with your shotgun on a day out pigeon shooting - even though you've only spoken to us online and met for ten minutes.... Think about that.

I bet every single person has a friend on facebook who they'd be weary of having sat with them in a hide holding a borrowed shotgun. So if anything, the practices on here are far far worse!

Edited by Billy.

The Pigeon watch page is good :)

I belong to a film makers page on there..very good also you write what you want others to read as you read what you want too....

not had anyone telling me they have just had a poo though... not that i would want to read that

its up to you who you except as friends, most of mine live all over the country and we only meet up once or twice a year, so face book and forums are a good thing