Recommend a seat (Not a bucket)

Alistair

Hi All, can anybody recommend a good seat? I am looking for a fairly high seat with a back rest. I ve seen tri-pod seats that swivel on you tube (Yes i watch pigeon vid's, dosn't everybody) but do not know where to get them. I can't use a bucket anymore because they are too low and I've got a dodgy knee (I bet there is few of us got them!!)

Any suggestions...

I use one of these, very comfy and very sturdy and stable with good back support, the adjustable legs for uneven ground is superb. the only problem i have is trying to pull it to bits at the end of the day when your fingers are a bit cold, but I've read that if you counter sink the holes its easier, i'm going to try that this week.

Hi have a look on ebay 26117977425 i have just brought one £65.P/P.£90.total. better than £201

Have fun carrying it to the hide, that one weighs 10 kilos :lol:

Honestly for pigeon shooting the Bergara seat we sell here on Pigeon Watch is the best I've come across, 2.9 kilos folds up to a small size, back support, adjustable legs, full swivel seat, it's the business. Sold an absolute stack of them, and everyone who has got them says what a good bit of kit they are. Cheaper as well. Link is in Cranfield's post above, or find it in the trading post section on here.

Have fun carrying it to the hide, that one weighs 10 kilos :lol:Honestly for pigeon shooting the Bergara seat we sell here on Pigeon Watch is the best I've come across, 2.9 kilos folds up to a small size, back support, adjustable legs, full swivel seat, it's the business. Sold an absolute stack of them, and everyone who has got them says what a good bit of kit they are. Cheaper as well. Link is in Cranfield's post above, or find it in the trading post section on here.

Out of all the ones I have seen it seems to fit the bill the best.

I use one of these, very comfy and very sturdy and stable with good back support, the adjustable legs for uneven ground is superb. the only problem i have is trying to pull it to bits at the end of the day when your fingers are a bit cold, but I've read that if you counter sink the holes its easier, i'm going to try that this week.

Read the instructions, if I'm not mistaken you twist the legs when taking them off so you don't need to press the stud.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Cos

Cheap alternative - one of those £5 camping chairs. Lightweight and they come in a bag with strap so you can carry on the shoulder. Not great for larger gents but I'm 6 foot average build and it does the job.

im a fat ***, so these seats always have a shortlife with me - for the last couple of years ive had a 'walkstool' comfort 55, not cheap (circa £75) but very lightweight and strong (weighs 800g) and takes up to 225kg / 35 stone! (could more than double my weight then) fits in a gamebag - only downside is no back on it.

I found that seats without a back support give me raging backache, and the camping type chairs are too laid back and it takes too long to get up on your feet. The best I have is a fishing chair from Decathlon. It's fairly light, and the back support is upright so it supports you but still keeps you forward enough to get on your toes quickly.

Hi All,

Just got delivery of the Idleback Shotgun chair today (Yes £201) but it looks well made and sturdy, it has a good back rest and swivels good. The main reason for spending so much money is because of a gammy knee (Can't get up out of a bucket any more)

Cheers