Police tracking poacher find freezer full of illegal deer meat

djgeoff

That wood is on the edge if my village and I walk the dogs there...I have never seen any muntys there (he may be the reason for that) but it is riddled with footpaths so would only be safe from a high seat....I must investigate as a permission...

The bloke should as a minimum be done for armed trespass and have his license revoked, but the article is typically anti-shooting describing him as seen with a "tiny deer" - people probably don't realise how small muntjac are.

Edited by oscarsdad

It seems a bit strange to me that he was carrying on so openly. I reckon he thought he was within his rights. He wouldn't be strolling around with a deer over his shoulder and a firearm (whatever that means?) in broad daylight if he knew he would get reported. Its an odd story.

Edited by Vince Green

But what about the freezer full of illegal deer and the admission :hmm:

It doesn`t say `illegal` it says a freezer full of butchered deer, the admission was probably yes I shot the deer, it also says the area is full of pockets of woodland( he may well have and probably has permission to shoot) to receive a caution would point to the fact that he`s innocent of any poaching, and was walking back to his car from his permissions across the nature reserve with the deer over his shoulder and his rifle properly contained, the artical says he received a police caution was that `put you deer in a bag mate`, if his `gun` was uncovered he`d get more than a caution, maybe the police said nothing and the reporter wouldn`t have a story without something and so wrote he received a caution, who told them, the police wouldn`t discuss a case.

I think the fella is innocent and the antis have seen a chance.