Another shout out for cheap hide poles.

Just a reminder to newbies or anyone who needs some more poles, that asda have the washing line props for £2.50 !!! in green ,slightly longer than dedicated hide poles but a bit stronger/ heavier .

The props have the same tops and center adjuster as my hide poles, but have no stake end. I just pulled out the plastic plug and flattened the end to make a point. Grab yourself a bargain

Edited by actionman1

Just a reminder to newbies or anyone who needs some more poles, that asda have the washing line props for £2.50 !!! in green ,slightly longer than dedicated hide poles but a bit stronger/ heavier .

The props have the same tops and center adjuster as my hide poles, but have no stake end. I just pulled out the plastic plug and flattened the end to make a point. Grab yourself a bargain

Thanks for the heads up mate, just bought myself 8 sturdy poles for £20, what a bargain! :good:

You boys must have some money, buying hide poles....see no end of threads about it, just go and cut yourself some hazel sticks, and make poles and pegs and put some green para- cord guy ropes on the netting......this will stand up to gales and everything the weather can throw at it.......you dont have to be ray mears to do this.....20 quid for hide poles...thats half a slab of ammunition for gods sake

You boys must have some money, buying hide poles....see no end of threads about it, just go and cut yourself some hazel sticks, and make poles and pegs and put some green para- cord guy ropes on the netting......this will stand up to gales and everything the weather can throw at it.......you dont have to be ray mears to do this.....20 quid for hide poles...thats half a slab of ammunition for gods sake

:good::good: that's how we use to make our floaters too :yes: with hazel sticks.

I used to have a set of these, and they were good. To help put the pole into the ground, I cut wedges out of 4"x3" wood, and drilled holes into the top of them, which were just a little bit bigger in diameter than the poles. Then, it was simply a case of stamping the wedges into the ground and inserting the poles.