made a decision to go tee total

novice cushie shooter

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a huge drinker but when i do im an ****. Have had some **** to deal with and drink makes me unhappy and upset.

I am 33 and have a great family. Wish me luck chaps

Girlfriend has done the same, she is at 100 days now. I could get her to message you some advice, if you'd like.

I am not a huge drinker but when i do im an ****. Have had some **** to deal with and drink makes me unhappy and upset.

Best of luck with it. I'm 45 and have been thinking about it for years. I havent taken the plunge yet! Id be interested in hearing how it goes for you.

I hope it goes well.

My ex wife was a full on alcoholic but could never admit it. Pretty dreadful illness to live with! I still like a sensible drink so don't think I will join the ranks of quitters just yet. Besides I'm typing this while looking out over the Aegean sea on an all inclusive break in Rhodes so it would seem rude not to have a drink or three! :)

Girlfriend has done the same, she is at 100 days now. I could get her to message you some advice, if you'd like.

That would be great

Thanks for all the words of support. More than i got from my fb friends.

I have no doubt it will be taxing at times but im willing to persevere.

Put all the money you save in a pot mate and set your heart on some more shooting gear!! You can only see yourself off then if you stray off course!!

What more incentive do you need?

I for one don't drink a great deal, I'd rather save the £100 I'd spend on a night out and even work the door to make cash as well!! Iam a tight **** though!! Lol

Royal

Iv never really drank ... I don't like the smell taste or the next morning ..iv never had a drink for about 3/4 years now !! I do have some really bad memory's from my younger days though as my mam was a alcoholic and some stuff should never been seen or heard by kids !! So iv no intention of letting my kids experience stuff like that !!

I don't even like me when I drink so I just leave it alone,,my best friend sadly died due to drink,a real gentleman when sober but a real p###k when on it..He always said that he could take it or leave it but we all knew that was rubbish,it got him in the end at 44....

You will probably want to change your avatar now to show you not holding a can of special brew to squash :good::lol:

Edited by harrycatcat1

I gave up smoking seven years ago and drinking four years ago. I found it best not to count the days. Its not a feat of endurance or an experiment to see how long you last, its freedom. You're not practising self-denial, you've rid yourself of something oppressive. Better to remember all the bad things you'll never have to suffer again like the thick heads, the lost time and money, the depressed moods, the shoadow of anxiety hovering in the back of your mind, the morning queasiness and all those precious weekends ruined by hangovers. All over and done with forever, finished. Looked at that way the only regret is that you didn't do it years ago.

I gave up smoking seven years ago and drinking four years ago. I found it best not to count the days. Its not a feat of endurance or an experiment to see how long you last, its freedom. You're not practising self-denial, you've rid yourself of something oppressive. Better to remember all the bad things you'll never have to suffer again like the thick heads, the lost time and money, the depressed moods, the shoadow of anxiety hovering in the back of your mind, the morning queasiness and all those precious weekends ruined by hangovers. All over and done with forever, finished. Looked at that way the only regret is that you didn't do it years ago.

Yeah but having to get into bed next to the missus when she's still in perfect focus, thats cruel!

Edited by Vince Green