Heads Up -Cree torch at Lidl's

steve_b_wales

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up, ill get myself one or two.

Bought a three pack of Cree torches from Costco last year non focus models three modes of light low,high and strobe by push button but they eat the three little batteries they take even when not in use.

Hope theese ones are better, looks like the led lenser ones.

Figgy

Thanks for the heads up, ill get myself one or two.

Bought a three pack of Cree torches from Costco last year non focus models three modes of light low,high and strobe by push button but they eat the three little batteries they take even when not in use.

Hope theese ones are better, looks like the led lenser ones.

Figgy

Yup, me too, have to unscrew the cap when not using or they go through a set of batteries in a week even when you don't turn them on.

I got in to torches a year or so ago and have loads now but can't be doing with the old Maglites that I have!, it has to be the superbright Cree stuff :yahoo:

A Fenix T1 was the hook for me, I won it in a comp and then needed more!!

I won THIS a while ago but am still awaiting delivery, 3600 lumens- the chinese are talking out of their Bums again I think!!

It takes two 18650 batteries and has three T6 LEDs which are reputed to put out 850 lumens apiece so it's going to be blinding!!

The last one I bought from China was boasted as something like 800 lumens!, it was nowhere near but it was a runner up to the 225 lumen T1..

I thought it was rubbish that they had overstated the output, also, when I put the two CR123a 3.7v cells in and swithed it to full output, it went out almost immediately so I gave them negative feedback thinking it was faulty..

It turned out that 7.4 volts was too much for it and it should have had one 18650 fitted, the lack of instructions didn't help :no:

When I fitted the correct battery, it's fantastic!! but still nowhere near the quoted output..

John

Well went to buy one and thought at that price should have one as a spare, so now have two,one is in the drawer for that just in case moment.

The beam seems nice and bright but a bit wide, but for that money who cares will be very handy. :good:

I do not need another torch.

Well, perhaps just the one, just in case.............

It's better to have and not need .................... than to need and not have. Gettem bought.

just been out and tested torch..

nice clean light across the focus range, but wont focus as tight as a L7 ledlenser.

on the same focus both give similar outputs

the extra tight focus on L7 nearly doubles the useful range

about 80 yds for lidl and just about 160 for L7.

Maybe an expert will come on and tell us how to improve if possible