airgun v rabbits

la bala

hello guys,i normally shoot rabbits with a rimfire, i now have a permission where only air rifle can be used. i have purchased a secondhand aa s410, its been checked for power, and come out at 10.247 ft lbs, will this sort rabbits, and out to what range. thanks

You need to find were the sweet spot is over a chrono I have with all my PCPs.

My Logun pro with a 200 bar fill was down to 7 ftlb and slowly increased has the air dropped.

At 180 bar it`s doing 11.7 ftlb and slowly starts to fall.

After 90 shots and down to 80 bar it`s still doing 10.4 ftlb.

So my sweet spot is 90 to 180 bar.

hello guys,i normally shoot rabbits with a rimfire, i now have a permission where only air rifle can be used. i have purchased a secondhand aa s410, its been checked for power, and come out at 10.247 ft lbs, will this sort rabbits, and out to what range. thanks

After a rimfire you need to be more particular where you point the thing and keep the range down a bit, but air rifles account for an awful lot of bunnies!

aye up mate,

you might as well do the job right first as last, as it'll save you a lot of hassle :good:

you need to do a full chrono string, then you know exactly where to fill to, and how many shots you get from the "sweet spot" of YOUR gun, and not anyone elses :lol:

because the gun is 2nd hand i'd give the barrel a clean, and if the gun is pre anti tamper, turn it up a fraction, but remember that power level readings need to be taken from the shots in the "sweet spot" before any adjustments are made.

what cal. is it ??? (not that it matters, i'm just being nosey) :lol:

aye up mate,

you might as well do the job right first as last, as it'll save you a lot of hassle :good:

you need to do a full chrono string, then you know exactly where to fill to, and how many shots you get from the "sweet spot" of YOUR gun, and not anyone elses :lol:

because the gun is 2nd hand i'd give the barrel a clean, and if the gun is pre anti tamper, turn it up a fraction, but remember that power level readings need to be taken from the shots in the "sweet spot" before any adjustments are made.

what cal. is it ??? (not that it matters, i'm just being nosey) :lol:

its . 22 and i am using AA Diablo Field 5.5mm 16 grain

Stick to sub 40 yds, you should be getting 10p size groups and smaller(prone/rested) If not then practice until you can,

Head shots are ideal, shot position is critical (compared to rimfire) as mentioned in earlier post. Behind the eye at base of ear side on and its good night sweet heart :good:

HI, 30yd is a nice distence to zero any air rifle , that way it give you plenty of chois how to use your scope, I will not say what distance to shoot at its how you feel and how both you and the gun perform, the last time i talked about shooting at distence hooooo it coused a bit of a stir. HA HA. , anyway put a card or i use thin M.D.F. bord, with some dots on then put some groops of pellets up then the tighest groop is the one to use , you will probably no this . hope this helps ATVB. border..

HI, 30yd is a nice distence to zero any air rifle , that way it give you plenty of chois how to use your scope, I will not say what distance to shoot at its how you feel and how both you and the gun perform, the last time i talked about shooting at distence hooooo it coused a bit of a stir. HA HA. , anyway put a card or i use thin M.D.F. bord, with some dots on then put some groops of pellets up then the tighest groop is the one to use , you will probably no this . hope this helps ATVB. border..

mine is zero'd at 30m,

My s410 is also a .22. I find it likes the AA Field Diablo`s in 5.52 the best. I zero at 30 yards and even though I can hit anything pellet on pellet in my garden from about 15 yards out to 50 yards, I try and keep to about 35->40yards max when out in the field although I have had a clean kill on a rabbit 48 yards away once when I measured it out.

I use chairgun pro to workout my hold over / under and its pretty much spot on. Very accurate gun and ive lost count of the amount of bunnies ive had with it.