Getting let down.

will_gleave

Its starting to really bug me how people keep telling me they cant get permision, however i keep feeling sorry for them and invite them to come for a shoot with me on my permision only to be let down at the last min, "sorry cant do tomorrow, got to be somewhere, works rang, going out tonight wont be back till late etc, but ill come next time" no you really wont, now i don't mind taking people seem to get more when theres 2 of us and it helps sorting thing out about the farms and gaining new permision. But its really frustrating me now. Why bother asking or complaining that they cant shoot anywhere when their not that bothered to go when its offered on a plate........

Sorry guys little rant over.

We all get that.

You offer them a freebie and they expect you to rearrange your life around them so that theirs isn't disrupted.

Ask once and then forget them :good:

Tell me about it, one person even asked if i can write him a letter to say hes a regular guest so he could put it on his FAC and never showed up, stopped answering his phone etc.

I'd snap your hand off for a day out shooting !!! People don't now a good thing when they see it !!!!

Well i may need some help soon, started shooting on a friends farm but not much about except pheasants and foxs, farmer doesnt want fox's shooting, not sure why, but lots of surrounding farms im going to go door knocking at.

Pigeon man and raptor, im going up tomorrow to see whats going on not been up for a few weeks and ill see if anythings about and try work out where the farms are joining the current farm as there are a few ponds on there which are half on one farm half on mine wich have a lot of ducks on, and im sure the other farms with livestock wont want foxs either.

Been let down my my shooting buddy a few times now, Petrol prices make it hard for him to come over though. Still rather he didnt turn up and still got the shooting than some assuming ******* just turning up on your permission without permission, shooting rabbits and leaving them dead or wounded in the fields. whoever is playing that game on the paddock i rent at the moment is really taking the ****.

A) Armed trespass.

B) obviously incompetent.

C) Keep horses in the field; id rather not pay the bill the have pellets picked out of them.

D) taking my food.

It's common mate unfortunately.

I have the same issue with a small syndicate I run. People are dead keen and going to shoot oh so regularly, weekly at least!!!!

Two of mine have barely hit the ground in the last 3 months. This will of course be remembered when it comes time to renew the permisssions which we will be doing annually.

its the ones that return to your permissions that you have taken out, but then assume that means they can return when ever they want...those are the ones to watch!!!!

Your not wrong a few months back i took a lad up to the farm i just rough shoot at, introduced him to the farmer an all that and had a good days shoot, about a month later i went back up to the farm an as i drove in thought i reconised a car there an the farmer was in the yard, when i got out he said "your late arnt you, your mates have been here ages" couldnt belive it, they had got the farmers number from somewhere rang him up an told him it was ok with me for him an his mate to come up when they want because i trust them, total lies, went an found them in one of the woods mucking about, 3 of them making a racket in the woods one of them was up a tree with a shotgun, needless to say chucked them out with a stern warning.

Your not wrong a few months back i took a lad up to the farm i just rough shoot at, introduced him to the farmer an all that and had a good days shoot, about a month later i went back up to the farm an as i drove in thought i reconised a car there an the farmer was in the yard, when i got out he said "your late arnt you, your mates have been here ages" couldnt belive it, they had got the farmers number from somewhere rang him up an told him it was ok with me for him an his mate to come up when they want because i trust them, total lies, went an found them in one of the woods mucking about, 3 of them making a racket in the woods one of them was up a tree with a shotgun, needless to say chucked them out with a stern warning.

Thats your worst nightmare mate, its a good job you caught them and not the farmer, it wouldnt have done your credentals any good, you dont need shooters like them, I would never dream off going on sombodys permission with out there consent, if your ever need a shooter for the day, give us a shout, Im not all that far away.

I had someone bleating to me about how he couldn't get permission and I offered to take him with me. At the last minute he decided he couldn't be bothered to drive 20 miles as he "was sure he would get something nearer soon." 6 months on, he still hasn't and had the cheek to ask if could come with me again. Sorry mate. you had your chance.

People who have been invited to permissions and then gone back behind the guys back should be named so that others don't make the same mistake. But I feel it is a bit harsh to judge all people the same. Some people are just genuinely trying to get into the sport

Definately should be named if there from this forum , people like that only ruin it for the rest of us trying to get a good start in the already tricky sport of decouying ,

Why don't these people get named, then at least it doesn't ruin it for the rest of us. In fact we could have a thread where people who have been honest and reliable could be recommended. At least people would have their reputation on here to loose

Good idea mate :good:

As a newbie trying very hard to find permission, my only opportunity at present to shoot is if I get an offer from members with perms,it makes my blood boil when you here stories of people abusing the generosity of PW members. NAME AND SHAME THEM .....!!