Anti-immigrant adverts - racist or not?

junctiontwo

Anti-immigrant adverts  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Should these continue & be used across the UK?

• Yes - the country needs to rid itself of illegal immigrants
    • No - they're offensive / unnecessary
    • No opinion
    • Other - please comment below

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you noticed the birth figures for britain ?

I am not a racist but even I am becoming concerned.

I hope this is not the only way to ensure those who should not be here go back. A far better method for everyone would be a strong and effective control on who is able to get into britain.

No way is it racist. It doesn't offend or denigrate or victimise anyone, is merely states the law and pledges to enforce it.

What would be deeply offensive to real Britons is a failure to keep that pledge. And parliament could put its money where its mouth is by making a start on the legal tidal wave as well. Which means not just stemming the flow but reversing it.

Edited by Gimlet

I can't see how much influence they would actually have. Throwing a bounty on every illegal of £500 would get faster results

I can't see how much influence they would actually have. Throwing a bounty on every illegal of £500 would get faster results

Could not agree more

I am afraid we are forty years too late to deal with what our leaders have inflicted on us. As if people who are here illegally or legally, are ever going to want to go back to the hell holes they came from, places where life is cheap and a tin shack is a luxury.

I guess we will have to wait until the burden of looking after so many people in this country and subsidising corrupt foreign countries has dragged us to the point where that applies here. Shouldn't be long at the present rate?

Its not racist, which 'race' is an illegal immigrant!!

This country desperatley needs to rid itself of parasites, regardless of race. Tight entry and exit controls and a revolution of the welfare state is the only thing that will do it.

We have already gone beyond the tipping point of what is being paid in vs what is being spent. If we don't act asap it will go beyond the point of no return.

Edited by pegasus bridge

As stated, being an illegal has nothing to do with race, so the ad cannot be racist. But the ad has been associated with the recent Border Force crackdown, stop and challenge at Londonistan railway and tube stations. It has been argued that "racial profiling" is being used to select which suspects are collared.

This poster can be read in 2 ways in my opinion ,

The first is of course what it says in the poster itself to deter illegal immigrants in this country , but the other also says if your skin aint white your not welcome in this country .

How? Where does it say anything about not being white? It doesn't, it says if you are here illegally, go home. That could be people of any colour or nationality.

This poster can be read in 2 ways in my opinion ,

The first is of course what it says in the poster itself to deter illegal immigrants in this country , but the other also says if your skin aint white your not welcome in this country .

an American can be an illegal , as can a canadian , we could if we over stayed our visa in america or canada... so not really about skin colour.