Your choice, you need to look fot ,

Mag capacity

Ease if use,

Mount prices,

Length,

Weight,

Cost, maybe ???

Left or right handed ???

What it's appearance to you, do you like the look of it.

There aren't many out there that wont be good shooters.

I have an Annie but that was bought from a practical point only. It does a job. .

CZ all the way. Can't fault their rifles and they're not too expensive.

Edit... Actually, sometimes the trigger can be a bit pants, but it's easily sorted with the spring and tube kit. Given their solid build and accuracy I'm willing to overlook that small issue.

Edited by njc110381

If you're going to do a lot of shooting from a truck with confined space think about getting something with a short barrel say 14 inches and a mod on top. Longer and they are harder to move about.

Wood works just fine on a .22 LR all a matter of opinion. Go for what you fancy and enjoy.

I can recommend an Anschutz. 1417 but they are a good bit more money than the CZ.

Edited by Whitebridges

I recently changed my CZ452 American 22lr for a Ruger 10/22. The Ruger is great and much more fun to shoot and customisation is limitless....... but... it would not come close to the CZ in terms of accuracy. Its accurate enough ok and a good hunter but its wont put bullet hole on bullet hole like the CZ. I am a big fan of CZ and also have a 455 Varmint barrelled 17HMR with a laminated thumbhole stock and it groups sub one inch at 200 yards. The same version is available in .22 and I would highly recommend it.

Not knocking the CZ's as they are good - I have one in .17hmr.

For a .22 lr for field use....... I would really not buy new, they go on for ages with little effort...... I'd find a nice full set up second hand even from a dealer and use the rest of your budget to buy a .17 hmr as well.

Much better to not worry about a 2nd hand gun for lamping etc I got a cheap as chips Anschutz which is fantastically accurate - the big plus is that the magazine release is on the back of the mag not the front like CZ's to you are unlikely to lose a magazine such as shooting from a vehicle and resting it on the wing mirror.