to shoot or not to shoot

bostonmick

I have recently bought a commemorative shotgun it was built in 1986 and has got some of the best engraving I have seen signed by the master engraver.the gun has never been fired since it was built now my question is would you use it or keep it in its current condition as far as I can find there is only one other like it in the uk and only 100 were ever made I have not decided if I am going to use it or not yet but your views are welcome.

I have recently bought a commemorative shotgun it was built in 1986 and has got some of the best engraving I have seen signed by the master engraver.the gun has never been fired since it was built now my question is would you use it or keep it in its current condition as far as I can find there is only one other like it in the uk and only 100 were ever made I have not decided if I am going to use it or not yet but your views are welcome.

Well show us then :)

Depends on what gun it is. What gun is it? Only you know.

Pesonally I'd use it because it was designed and built to be used as what it is. A shotgun. If it is just put in a glass case to be looked at then it isn't what it is. If that makes any sense. It might as well be a plastic mock up replica.

No good without pic's! Let's have a look. :)

Although obviously not in the same league I once bought (sight unseen) a 101 sleeper in its own factory fitted case;totally unfired. It had awful 'yellow/orange' wood.Used it for a couple of weeks and then traded it in;as rare as it was I couldn't stand that wood.

Edited by Scully

Is that the actual gun pal? If so that's one nice bit of kit there , shoot it that's what I say ,it's to be used and gently abused :good: I'm not really into all this arty f arty scroll work but that ticks all the boxes :yes:

it is the actual gun.and it came with all its original bits and pieces and the beretta motor case

Think I'd be keeping that as is. Maybe worth keeping it for a few years and then advertising it on an American shotgun site.Just a thought.

Saying that,it was built to be used,and so long as it isn't abused it's value shouldn't suffer.At the end of the day it's only a Beretta.

Edited by Scully

No problem with the pictures, They're good.

Everyone’s mindset is different

It's pretty but not my cup of tea so I wouldn't appreciate it, or want to own it. It’s a very personal picture of a gun. Italian gun, American engraving. Unless you are really into the stars and stripes thing or are American then I would probably offload it to some fanatical American shooter that might appreciate the engraving. But that’s just my take on it. It might linger on a gunshop shelf for a long time for the right buyer to come along. whoever that person might be.

I'd leave it untouched its already been devalued by some yank drawing that colonial muck all over it and attacking it with a glitter pen no point getting fingerprints on it too!

Seriously though not sure what I'd do, not really my style of engraving but the wood is stunning and if its that rare I'd want it kept mint.

I'd trade it,a bit too "go bless america" for me,i wouldn't be attracted to it if it had the Union Jack on it either tbh.now I was looking on the Perazzi engraving web page and they have some lovely half naked women you can put on a box lock,although her right boob don't sit pert enough for me