Mounting practice.

klonkadik

Hi Klondkadik,

Despite what others think, there is absolutely nothing wrong with 'dryfiring' practice indoors with either s/gun or rifle so long as the obvious safety protocols are observed. It is an excellent training aid to address such problems as 'trigger freeze', head lifting (due to recoil or bad gunfit for ex) or problems in technique such as stopping your swing. But when using o/u or s/s snap caps are def a good idea to prevent 'overtravel' to f/p. Live and learn like us all :sad1:

Regards Remmyman

how will dry firing help with recoil dont be daft

If you read my post properly you would realise that I was referring to head lifting in anticipation of recoil when live firing, one of the best remedies for this affliction is to 'retrain' the brain by going through the same mechanical /physical action but without the punishment. Now who's the daft one ?

If you read my post properly you would realise that I was referring to head lifting in anticipation of recoil when live firing, one of the best remedies for this affliction is to 'retrain' the brain by going through the same mechanical /physical action but without the punishment. Now who's the daft one ?

I agree with you but not inside and use a snap cap never a once fired cartridge. The more you do it the more chance of a screw up.

It's the same as coaches gun fitting always wear glass when looking back down the barrels do it enough and one day a **** will pull the trigger Murphy's law says that will be the day the striker breaks and you end up blind.

I'm afraid all you are doing is showing all who read this thread your ignorance, it is a very common strategy employed often by PROFESSIONAL coaches for the reasons already given. Just accept you called this one wrong and move on!

The most common problems people encounter are.

1..Head lifting off the stock.

2..Stopping the swing at the time of firing.

Both of these problems can be significantly helped by dry practice which also helps in achieving a consistent mount and improving muscle memory.