"Bouncers" on Channel 4

ME

I generally stay in with the dogs so theres not much bother though the terrier did call my pint a poof last week so we had to go outside for some macho posturing before a graceful backdown ego intacta. It saved the humilation of watching him winding up a haymaker only to slip on discarded kebab lettuce and rip his new shirt from next.

Yeah, when you're sober it's amazing how unfunny drunk people actually are and yet how funny they think they are.

Naturally, when I've had a few I turn into the most charming and funny raconteur who is irresistable to the ladies. It's everyone else who drinks too much and gets daft that I worry about.

I think doormen in general have come on leaps and bounds since the introduction of the S.I.A door badge system. Even though some are still brute force I still witness a glimpse of professionalism which is pleasing.

Agree to some extent but now you have some 9 stone wet thru kids doing it that when it kicks off they run to the toilet.... or can't speak any English and some door firms are only bothered about jacket filling.... you get kids thinking theythey can do the job as they have been on the course

Pay has gone down loads since the SIA came in, and the

Job is now harder to do

Agree to some extent but now you have some 9 stone wet thru kids doing it that when it kicks off they run to the toilet.... or can't speak any English and some door firms are only bothered about jacket filling.... you get kids thinking theythey can do the job as they have been on the course

Pay has gone down loads since the SIA came in, and the

Job is now harder to do

Yes, although its not all about brute force and biceps. I used to work with a chap that was a really good communicator and managed to diffuse situations before they got out of hand. Yes he did man handle people off the premises on occasion but as for actual fighting that was rarely apparent.

I have been on the course and it teaches you nothing. It was legislation to be rid of all the "gangster" style bouncers that were a law to them selves and replace them with human beings with more than half a brain cell.

In Preston/early year 2000 the doormen where I worked were the ones controlling the drug traffic in and out of the place with a vented financial interest for themselves...

Needless to say they never received the S.I.A badge and hopefully dont work the doors anymore. ( But I do know of one who is now a "glass collector" on the premises!!!)

SIA is the worst thing that happened to the job, did it for 14 years including in the "toon", pay is the same or less than it was when i left nearly 10 years ago as you have any amount of numpties who will fill a jacket for £10 a hour. Most doors are ran by security firms that will take anyone with a badge, they are little more than agencies taking there cut.

SIA is the worst thing that happened to the job, did it for 14 years including in the "toon", pay is the same or less than it was when i left nearly 10 years ago as you have any amount of numpties who will fill a jacket for £10 a hour. Most doors are ran by security firms that will take anyone with a badge, they are little more than agencies taking there cut.

Agree....you dont have the fun as use to do...having a beer after work all together to speak about the night as you dont know if you are going to be working with them nextweek/next night .....

Venue managers who are more bothered about people thru the door and money over the bar than stopping any trouble on the front door....

Only thing I miss is the ladies, money and having a laugh ....

yeah we watched this amazing program i genuinely do not miss it, going out on the lash/binge drinking or working the door. i decdied to quit door work when some berk bottled himself!! in the face to prove he was dead hard to his shocked mate! its a shame for his mate as i got told some one had been bottled in the gents so went in there found one guy with his face in bits and the other looking rather shocked he was even more shocked when i got hold of him!! until the other numpty informed of what he had done!!

Loved working the door, pre SIA and when it first came in. Loved the crack with the lads, the music the regular punters and a bit roll about to be fair. There was a good few idiots about that wanted to destroy your night, swinging bottles, blades, threats to your family or burning your car out / house down with wife and kids in it certainly tested the patience!!

A wife, kids, the need to keep a clean slate for my main job and wanting to retain my tickets made me realise that although the money came in handy, it wasn't worth it.

Loved working the door, pre SIA and when it first came in. Loved the crack with the lads, the music the regular punters and a bit roll about to be fair. There was a good few idiots about that wanted to destroy your night, swinging bottles, blades, threats to your family or burning your car out / house down with wife and kids in it certainly tested the patience!!

A wife, kids, the need to keep a clean slate for my main job and wanting to retain my tickets made me realise that although the money came in handy, it wasn't worth it.

+1 I don't need the money but did it for a laugh with my mates...but it's just full of coat hangers now, all the decent lads have long gone...some of the lads I've worked with recently I've sent home, I'd rather be on my own than work with numptys