I did'nt get to where I am today .....

Harnser

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet he wishes he was :lol: what is nice to see, is kids earing a bit of pocket money,

I do have a relation, who has given his kid everything..... you know when you meet some children and you just want to ......... :oops: .........them.. well thats what his kid has turned out like...lays around all day playing PC games .... and back chats his parents :oops:

I bet he wishes he was :lol: what is nice to see, is kids earing a bit of pocket money,

I do have a relation, who has given his kid everything..... you know when you meet some children and you just want to ......... :oops: .........them.. well thats what his kid has turned out like...lays around all day playing PC games .... and back chats his parents :oops:

I bet they can't understand why their kid has turned out that way?

Deffo no harm in instilling the work ethic into kids early on and giving them some appreciation of money.

anyway!!!! we have steered off topic :lol:

Well at least we've gone off topic in the off topic forum.

Life would be a poor old thing if we couldn't have a chuckle or three along the way, with people like KW there is always plenty of opportunity.

Time for bed now, somebody has to get up in the mornings and go shoot some of those pheasants.

:good::good: Don't bother arguing with them mate :no: they really are up-themselves :yes: lets hope all the post's calling anyone claiming benefits a scrounger,never need to claim themselves,BB

I don't often call people names... Edited because I am a nice chap

Edited by BRNDL

people seem to focus on the JSA component rather than the whole figure!

I would HAPPILY work 30 hours a week for what I would get on benefit. I was better off on the dole than I am in work. I chose work as I want to show my Son an example, I want him to follow suit and find work when he is finished at School - college.

I was getting my housing paid for in full £83 per week, My council tax paid in full £25 a week, Dental, Free school meals for my Son, etc etc

In all I was on well over £250 per week. That was not taxed either!

I now work and am on less than HALF of that. I feel better though knowing I am making my own way!

Free housing, No council tax, Meals for your kids in school and money in your pcket for 30 hours work a week! Hell yes. I don't see why so many people refer to it as slave labour? In effect you have a JOB and are getting paid more per hour than NMW when you work out the housing and council tax benefits alone are over £110 per week here. then add the cash element and other benefits! Thats still more than NMW.

Also I find you are more likely to find work when you are in work! This can open a lot of oppertunity for people to brush up on skills, gain work related qualifications and offer a step up into employment. I honestly don't see why people are moaning.

the only critisism I can make is the mental health issue. You have to be careful with some people, not to push them over the edge!

Other than that I agree with the suggestions put forward to bring this idea in. I would gladly sweep the streets for 30 hours, come home with my head held high knowing I earned that money!

I am in talks to extend my hours, And have applied for 3 jobs locally which I hope to hear from soon. I am in work for just over NMW but the feeling of pride far outweighs the shortfall in money!

Edited by Lord Geordie

The long term unemployed clearly need the structure and additional support to get them to want to work. Spending days watching Jeremy Kyle or in weather spoons is not helping them , or the tax payer.

Now you know why alcohol and tobacco duty are high. Its the only way the government get their hand outs back...!

I have always found that those who want work will find it

The north east is meant to have high unemployment yet all you need is a driving license and there's plenty jobs

Its true. A friend of mine lost his job, he waited the weekend. He got a job the following monday. He didn't like it, 2 weeks later, he was in another one!

My daughter was for a good while one of those workshy, money grabbing scum.....as many would class her but where I live jobs are scarce.

She eventually took a job as a care worker and to her credit she loves it.

What is wrong is that she has a zero hour contract and some weeks only gets a few hours work and is in fact worse off than being on the dole.

When that is one of your options would any of you realistically say that it is worth the hassle of going in to work ?

She has to drive all over, sometimes an hours journey either way and all she receives is a petrol allowance which just sees her break even on the fuel and a wage for the time she spends with the client. No travelling money.

Her best weeks wage up to now is 25 hours and in the current climate I think her employers are taking the urine on a royal scale.

There are many jobs like this out there and I can honestly understand why many refuse them.

Taking into account the expenses she now has as an employed person out of the system, she is very rarely better off in real terms than when she was on the dole.

Again, certainly not work shy and certainly not a scrounger. What you daughter has is the ambition to work for her money and in due course, this dedication will reward her with a better job/guaranteed hours and the opportunity to progress in her career.

Deciding to take the easy route and claim benefits will directly lure her into a hole...one that quickly feels all too comfortable to try and get out of to better her life and finances in the future.

I do pay tax, quick a bit of it as have worked my *** off after not being able to join the RAF after school for medical reasons. I worked many jobs, getting up at 3am to go work labour, working 3 menial/part time jobs to add up into a decent wage, and more recently working in sales, sometimes 7 days a week to hit targets to stay employed.

But I will not support when we start sending people to work 37 hours a week COMPULSARY and only pay them £56PW.

How long doing that before the government no longer see the need to employ people in unskilled jobs, because they have this "labour force" to do the jobs practically for free.

How long before they start training the "unskilled work force" to do slightly skilled jobs, and then stop paying the workers in those

sectors ?

And I'm sure a proportion of those people also paid tax and NI to allow them to receive there benefits, during the hard times they have currently fallen on. You seem to assume they are all work shy dole scum, what about people who have paid lots of tax over the years ?

You have failed to propose a suitable plan...or do you back the sitting at home waiting to pick the children up at 15.30 5 days a week whilst receiving £56 PW....plus your house paid for, plus your council tax paid for, plus your children's free school meals... Do you see where this is going here?

There needs to be some kind of structure to deter some people from thinking they can lead a life paid from the public purse.

Also, I am keen for you to point out, and i quote "You seem to assume they are all work shy dole scum" where I have made this assumption. I am struggling to find it, or maybe YOU have made this assumption? I will leave that with you.

Edited by BRNDL

lets work this out, guy has a job at the local council, he sweeps the streets in return for the minimum wage = 252 per week if over 21 less if younger,he does not earn much but he earns and he puts a bit back into the economy via tax at source and via vat on everything he spends.

Then you have a single person on job seekers allowance of 56.80 per week, job seeker is told he will be put into forced labour for his 56 quid? council wants to save dosh due to gov cuts lets see how will it go? oh I know the council will pay off its low grade workers (street sweepers) it will then get the job done by the forced labour squads,problem is no one is better off, less in the community,more money being spent on benefit (job seekers allowance) and less going back to the govt via tax, yep I can see how you got to where you are today.

Working for your benefit is not a solution to long term paid work, nor is it a career option...as you seem to see it here based on your comparison to a council road sweeper. And, to be honest yes I do think 37 hrs is too many, but 3 full days of work would be beneficial.

It is a short term solution for people that are able to work but choose not to or are struggling to actually find a job. It is VERY short sighted to only see the financial reward from working and earning £56 PW.

just a question ,example= person works 36 years self employed , pays self employed stamp + national insurance + income tax . their vocation is ended by circumstances beyond their control , as the name implies 'national insurance' you would think the word 'insurance' would imply a 'pot' to cover their existence on a living standard if hard times appear , but the research team of an MP cannot find what part if any 'national insurance' is used in this way , thought that was the idea of 'insurance' .now would this person be classed as 'work shy ' if the find they are on the 'aged scrapheap'and after paying all those contributions for all those years the should be sent to the workhouse ?

Yes, but if someone inherits a fortune, I haven't funded /paid for it. Indeed, chances are someone earned it, once, and as it moves to the next generation there's death duties that go into the Government coffers.

The Country is skint, and nowhere else in the world do people get something for doing nothing. We can't afford an open ended benefits system. I'm all for a temporary safety net but that's it.

just a question ,example= person works 36 years self employed , pays self employed stamp + national insurance + income tax . their vocation is ended by circumstances beyond their control , as the name implies 'national insurance' you would think the word 'insurance' would imply a 'pot' to cover their existence on a living standard if hard times appear , but the research team of an MP cannot find what part if any 'national insurance' is used in this way , thought that was the idea of 'insurance' .now would this person be classed as 'work shy ' if the find they are on the 'aged scrapheap'and after paying all those contributions for all those years the should be sent to the workhouse ?

No, they've paid in to the system.

When people say that they have paid in to the system for donkeys years, and have never 'had anything back' or 'claimed anything' is just a load of nonsense, I have paid for home insurance for donkeys years and never claimed or had anything, does that mean I dident get what the insurance was intended for, i.e. peace of mind. Also, the very infrastructure that we live in, is a return on what we pay in, you shouldn't think that because you haven't been paid dole for a few years that you haven't had anything back, a ridiculous notion, be thankfull you haven't had to.

When people say that they have paid in to the system for donkeys years, and have never 'had anything back' or 'claimed anything' is just a load of nonsense, I have paid for home insurance for donkeys years and never claimed or had anything, does that mean I dident get what the insurance was intended for, i.e. peace of mind. Also, the very infrastructure that we live in, is a return on what we pay in, you shouldn't think that because you haven't been paid dole for a few years that you haven't had anything back, a ridiculous notion, be thankfull you haven't had to.

so why call it 'national insurance '? if something HAD happened to your home are you saying you would not expect 'cover' just peace of mind as you had paid insurance ?

Yes, but if someone inherits a fortune, I haven't funded /paid for it. Indeed, chances are someone earned it, once, and as it moves to the next generation there's death duties that go into the Government coffers.

The Country is skint, and nowhere else in the world do people get something for doing nothing. We can't afford an open ended benefits system. I'm all for a temporary safety net but that's it.

Bang on

Atb

Flynny

Hospitals, doctors, nurse's is one of the things nat ins is meant to fund

so really its just lumped together with income tax ,vat and all other taxes ,and not an 'insurance' just another tax with a misleading title, please pass your info what it is for to David Mundell MP on 0800 number ,their research team have been trying to find out for 6 months without a clue what the actual description includes

Your local council must have unskilled jobs buy the bucket load...In my eyes this would encourage a good routine and increase self morale and motivate you to look for real, paid employment. You will be working 37 hrs a week for your benefits at £56pw.

Sorry but anyone with a differing view to yours are an idiot?

your the one who wants people to work 37 hours per week for £56pw,might be an acceptable pay packet to you but I don't think many would work for that sort of money,so you think it would increase there morale and motivate them :lol: :lol:

Edited by Bluebarrels