Which decade was the best for music?

ME

Rate the best music decade  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What was the best decade for music?

We have friends over for dinner tonight and Mrs ME has been faffing with her iPod today to get it loaded with music for 6 "kids of the '80's".

The sound of The Thompson Twins, Howard Jones, Curiosity killed the Cat and many other '80's bands has been blaring all afternoon.

Personally I love 1980's music, it takes me back to my teens and those long hot summer school holidays.

So, vote in the poll and stick up some of your fave tunes from youtube.

:good:

Edited by ME

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't really like 80s at the time but have changed and it gets a good blast now.90s is my preference esp with some of the top indie stuff made and will always be listenable compared to some of the mainstream keech.Probably all time favourite would be Greenday but they have covered evry decade since the 80s and still going strong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNKPYhXmzoEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNKPYhXmzoE

Late 50s without a doubt. Popular music was **** prior to rock and roll as provided by the likes of Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis and Fats Domino. You could add among others to that list Buddy Holly and a possibly Elvis but it was the black musicians who revolutionised pop music.

Blackpowder

this is only ever going to get votes for decade you were a teenager, lots of music from every decade thats great but for me has to be the 70,s, after all sorry peeps but come on :lol: Thompson Twins Howard Jones *** :whistling:

were talking about timeless classics in the 70,s music that will be played in 100 years time

Led Zeppelin

Pink Floyd

Bob Marley

Lou reed

Sex Pistols

David Bowie

The Clash

Joy Division

Queen

Edited by chrisjh

this is only ever going to get votes for decade you were a teenager, lots of music from every decade thats great but for me has to be the 70,s, after all sorry peeps but come on :lol: Thompson Twins Howard Jones *** :whistling:

were talking about timeless classics in the 70,s music that will be played in 100 years time

Led Zeppelin

Pink Floyd

Bob Marley

Lou reed

Sex Pistols

David Bowie

The Clash

Joy Division

Queen

Black Sabbath

Uriah Heep

Hawkwind

Thin Lizzy

Bob Dylan

Free/Bad Company

Deep Purple

The list goes on and on....

Late 70's for me

:shaun:

Edited by shaun4860

Black Sabbath

Uriah Heep

Hawkwind

Thin Lizzy

Bob Dylan

Free/Bad Company

Deep Purple

The list goes on and on....

Late 70's for me

:shaun:

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Bruce Springsteen

Van Halen

The Doors

Jimmy Hendrix

Rolling Stones (i will put my mortgage on the fact Howard Jones wont be headlining Glastonbury in 30 years time) Butlins at a push

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Bruce Springsteen

Van Halen

The Doors

Jimmy Hendrix

Rolling Stones (i will put my mortgage on the fact Howard Jones wont be headlining Glastonbury in 30 years time) Butlins at a push

Motorhead

Rainbow

Marillion

Rory Gallagher

Blue Oyster Cult

T Rex

The Damned

The list goes on... deffo the 70s :yes:

80s for me as some great nostalgic songs.

Both my kids love the eighties music and think me and my wife were lucky to be teens then. Obviously didn't see me in some of my gear then from Ska to New Romantics and all in between.

Prince and can't forget King in his multicoloured Dock Martins singing Love And Pride.

Relax Frankie goes to Hollywood.

Other decades are good to. 70s Baccarra nnnnrrrrr

Some old school friends go away on 80s themed weekends to Butlins and have a whale of a time.Might try it sometime :lol: break out the Quiff the suit and sandalls the wife can wear her ra ra skirt :no: cringe just thinking about it.

Figgy

Edited by figgy