The "Realy Tasty Bottled Beer" thread.

Frenchieboy

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight I've got a Traditional Kentish Ale before moving on to a Two Hoots and a Golden Hen the wife said she bought me them as they look similar to the Kentish ale colour wise.

Ill report back after sampling, if its incoherent ramblings its good stuff.

Figgy

Oops I thought you had already been on the pop

KW

Some of these beers mentioned sound like they really do need trying! I had to take the wife out shopping today and as per usual I sniffed the supermarket's beer section out in double quick time. The Boss was extremely qoried when I todl her that tonight I was going to have a bit of Cocker Hoop with Amber and A Barnsley Blonde!

I'll update on how good they were later on!

post-17172-0-14189500-1382118425_thumb.jpg

I thought that if I went out and got some fresh air and exercise I would appreciate my 3 bottles even more tonight. I got back from a quick session on the rabbits (6 shots for 5 rabbits), locked the rifle and ammunition away, had a wash and settled down to a few well earned beers.

The Cocker Hoop, well it was a nice beer to drink but a little "tangy" (Hard to describe but not really to my liking) and too lively for me, but quite enjoyable all the same. Next to get "topped" was the Barnsley Blonde. Now this beer really was not to my liking and in my opinion it was nearer a lager than a beer and definitely one that I would not buy in the pub.

Lastly was the Amber. Now this beer was full of surprises! It was a little darker that the two previous beers and tasted like a really good quality "real ale". It poured beautifully with a good lasting head and most importantly of all it tasted really good! This is by far one of the best that I have tried lately and the biggest surprise of all was the fact that even though it tasted like one of those beers that would render your legs useless after a few, it was in fact the weakest of the three tonight at 3.8&vol (According to the label). If as Fatcatsplat says they do it on draught and it is even better then I really would love to try a few pints of draught Amber!

Oh well, roll on the next "Tasting Session"! :good::drinks::good:

Old Speckled Hen, is my favourite. Has anyone noticed that the canned stuff isn't as good as the bottled.

true but the sad thing about this thread apart form the fact some are having hamshanks over a half pint of pigswill :lol: is that no one seems to notice nowt is as good a pint of REAL beer not lager or virgins water but a real pint pulled by a wench with big baps.

KW

Edited by kdubya

true but the sad thing about this thread apart form the fact some are having hamshanks over a half pint of pigswill :lol: is that no one seems to notice nowt is as good a pint of REAL beer not lager or virgins water but a real pint pulled by a wench with big baps.

KW

I have to agree with you there kdubya, a good pint of real ale reaqlly does take some beating, and even better if served by a scantily clad frisky sounding blue eyed and blonde haired barmaid with huge knockers which she uses to take any excess head off whatever (Or whoever) she is serving. As much as many of us would love a thread (Complete with pictures) of this sort of refreshment and entertainment I think the reason why there is no mention of that in this thread has something to do with the clue in the title of the thread -

Anyhow, if the truth be known I'll bet the unknown fact is that you are a tee totaller who loves nothing more than a cup of Earl Grey Tea! :lol::lol::lol:

Enjoy your day! :good:

Cant believe i haven't mentioned Camerons Strongarm a cracking pint of The Ruby Red :good::yes: also another favourite Double Maxim. Both worthy of a few bottles.

I like the fact that we are getting more and more real ales in bottles on the supermarket shelves.

figgy

I have to agree with you there kdubya, a good pint of real ale reaqlly does take some beating, and even better if served by a scantily clad frisky sounding blue eyed and blonde haired barmaid with huge knockers which she uses to take any excess head off whatever (Or whoever) she is serving. As much as many of us would love a thread (Complete with pictures) of this sort of refreshment and entertainment I think the reason why there is no mention of that in this thread has something to do with the clue in the title of the thread -

Anyhow, if the truth be known I'll bet the unknown fact is that you are a tee totaller who loves nothing more than a cup of Earl Grey Tea! :lol::lol::lol:

Enjoy your day! :good:

Your right there Frenchieboy but missed off the front lycra shorts wearing cycling old fogie,think it has too many calories in it :lol::whistling:

if you nancies really have to drink bottled beer, then get your head into this ( I put the BEST up front) an amazing selection for you to have a go at there's even a section for the lovers of yellow water.

http://www.realalewarehouse.co.uk/camerons-brewery--strongarm-ruby-red-191-p.asp

KW