Love or Hate your Job?

bullet boy

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I love my job. Life's too short to do a job you hate.

In fact life's too short to do a lot of things that you hate. I know plenty of people, some with plenty of money, who live in gilded cages and are not really big fans of their own lives at all. It's quite sad really.

Reinventing yourself once in awhile is not as difficult as some people might think. It just takes guts to take a few risks and to be prepared to give up some of the things that you believe you fear to lose.

Fantastic - I'm on benefit, have plenty to spend on booze and fags, got more flat screen TV's than Curry's. Free rent and rates and plenty of time in bed to breed more kids to up my benefit by even more.............what's not to like.

Oh...........just woken up and realised I was dreaming and must now go out in the rain to feed the sheep.

Fantastic - I'm on benefit, have plenty to spend on booze and fags, got more flat screen TV's than Curry's. Free rent and rates and plenty of time in bed to breed more kids to up my benefit by even more.............what's not to like.

Oh...........just woken up and realised I was dreaming and must now go out in the rain to feed the sheep.

:lol::lol::lol:

:good::lol:

Love it

where have you been

Love it and hate it at the same time.

Teaching does that to you. Absolutely love being in the classroom with the kids, it's like an oasis, away from all the carp that management bestow on you. Putting together exciting, inspirational lessons that the students will enjoy and remember.

Hate the mountains of marking and preparation often outside work hours, long into the evening. Every non teacher says "yeah but you get all the holidays...". Indeed we do, but by the time comes, spending six or so weeks being a teacher, counsellor, social worker, mediator etc to many, you are crawling over the finish line on your knees!!

Love it and hate it at the same time.

Teaching does that to you. Absolutely love being in the classroom with the kids, it's like an oasis, away from all the carp that management bestow on you. Putting together exciting, inspirational lessons that the students will enjoy and remember.

Hate the mountains of marking and preparation often outside work hours, long into the evening. Every non teacher says "yeah but you get all the holidays...". Indeed we do, but by the time comes, spending six or so weeks being a teacher, counsellor, social worker, mediator etc to many, you are crawling over the finish line on your knees!!

My wife is a teacher. She leaves the house at 7:15 and rarely gets in before 5:30/6:00pm. Teachers are always working, constant planning etc at the weekend or evenings it drives me mad. We get home from our holiday in Summer and within a few days she's having to go in to school to sort the class room out etc. She is like you, loves some of it but hates other aspects of the job.

Definitely not the job people think that is for sure and I think it's the same for all frontline public sector workers.