Duck Dynasty Fortune

keg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More to do with merchandising and TV rights than duck calls. The way I see it Phil, took the company as far as it could go with just the calls and Willie has done the rest.

They certainly ain't as daft as they look (well, maybe Uncle Si is LOL).

I do not get it there has got to be more to it than selling duck calls its not like cartridges you have to buy hundreds of them all you need is one or two calls how much do the charge for them $500 each.

I do not get it there has got to be more to it than selling duck calls its not like cartridges you have to buy hundreds of them all you need is one or two calls how much do the charge for them $500 each.

I recommend you go into a large outfitters at peak time and look at the shelves in a k mart etc. I am very impressed by the lifestyle marketing they do even the car manufacturers could learn a trick or two

It`s worth remembering that duck calling in America is something deeply ingrained in their psyche and call making is regarded as folk art. Many Americans collect calls even if they don`t hunt. In this country call making is only in it`s infancy although the likes of MPK Custom Calls are working hard to catch up on the Robertsons!

There are something like 5 million duck hunters in the U.S. and many of them own a large number of calls, most of which are significantly cheaper than the same call sold in the U.K. because of import duites, etc, etc.

Many dedicated British fowlers might own a couple of calls.An American acquantance of mine owns over thirty. He buys a couple every time he goes into the gun shop because they are cheap and there are so many to choose from.

In the U.K. one might buy a call and struggle to learn how to blow it correctly because a good caller/tutor is not always available over here. In the states they have things like "car park calling contests". A bunch of blokes meet up in the supermarket car park on a Saturday morning whilst their wives are shopping and exchange tips and instruction about the latest calls on the market.

I often go and stand in the corner of Tescos car park at Northarbour blowing my MPK call, hoping to get a few other fowlers to join me. So far none have.

I`ve been asked to leave the premises three times by security.

It`s a different world over there!

Guest rimotu66

Awesome programme, I would also love to live there lifestyle, just had delivery today of there Classic Commander and have spent the last hour walking round the house practising, the Labs looking at me strangely and the G'friend is not impressed :lol:

Uncle Si is my favourite :good:

It`s worth remembering that duck calling in America is something deeply ingrained in their psyche and call making is regarded as folk art. Many Americans collect calls even if they don`t hunt. In this country call making is only in it`s infancy although the likes of MPK Custom Calls are working hard to catch up on the Robertsons!

There are something like 5 million duck hunters in the U.S. and many of them own a large number of calls, most of which are significantly cheaper than the same call sold in the U.K. because of import duites, etc, etc.

Many dedicated British fowlers might own a couple of calls.An American acquantance of mine owns over thirty. He buys a couple every time he goes into the gun shop because they are cheap and there are so many to choose from.

In the U.K. one might buy a call and struggle to learn how to blow it correctly because a good caller/tutor is not always available over here. In the states they have things like "car park calling contests". A bunch of blokes meet up in the supermarket car park on a Saturday morning whilst their wives are shopping and exchange tips and instruction about the latest calls on the market.

I often go and stand in the corner of Tescos car park at Northarbour blowing my MPK call, hoping to get a few other fowlers to join me. So far none have.

I`ve been asked to leave the premises three times by security.

It`s a different world over there!

Didn't realise you were blowing it outside tesco's, I have been blowing outside asda's !!!!!

I think there may be some mileage in your car park calling.

That will give the boy racers something to mull over. We could be the new cure for the asbo car park loiterers. Loads of mud covered blokes blowing duck and goose calls in slow mudding 4x4's.

What would we charge the local law enforcement for our services ?

I would be happy with a bacon butty and brew ?

Edited by mpk

Guest rimotu66

Just watched the Christmas special on a&e in us, won't spill it but was giggling away when Phil tricks Kaye and jeps wife

I'm going out next Friday dressed as willie, got the hair, beard, bandanna, aviators, shirt just need a white blazer now

Real Tree blazer would look better :good:

Si Robertson is still alive and kicking

Hope your correct :yes:

Yer i like uncle si but my wife was looking on the net a few days ago as i was watching the dvd DD serice 1

And she found out that uncle Si died in october this year :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

Really? where did you hear that ?