Which Flask and sandwich bag?

Cosd

Fancy getting a new flask and also some sort of thermal sandwich bag to keep lunch in during those long hot days in the hide. Theres nothing worse than a hot sandwich on a summers day.

So what's the best flask out there? I know about pre heating the flask and all that, but which one really keeps that coffee the hottest for the longest period? Also, is there one that doesn't change the taste of the drink? My stainless flask seems to alter the taste of my coffee!!

And what thermal sandwich bag? Nothing too big, enough for a couple of sandwiches and a couple pieces of fruit maybe.

Fancy getting a new flask and also some sort of thermal sandwich bag to keep lunch in during those long hot days in the hide. There's nothing worse than a hot sandwich on a summers day.

So what's the best flask out there? I know about pre heating the flask and all that, but which one really keeps that coffee the hottest for the longest period? Also, is there one that doesn't change the taste of the drink? My stainless flask seems to alter the taste of my coffee!!

And what thermal sandwich bag? Nothing too big, enough for a couple of sandwiches and a couple pieces of fruit maybe.

A hot bit of totty would go down well but having to stop every so often to get the pigeons could be a bit of a distraction. Mind you she could load for me!

Don`t put coffee or tea into a flask, just boiled water, that way you get a fresh cuppa not a stewed one, that is what spoils the taste.

Too true :(

Agree with Henry.....boiled water and take the makings. Cannot stand tea out of flask of any make.

Which leads onto where I used to work many moons ago, the circuit test trainer came in one morning with an 'unbreakable stainless steel flask'

The circuit testers proved him wrong first time he went to the loo........ :lol::lol:

Thing

Don`t put coffee or tea into a flask, just boiled water, that way you get a fresh cuppa not a stewed one, that is what spoils the taste.

Too true :(

Thing is I make fresh coffee from bean to cup, so no option but to put the coffee in the flask!

Looking at one of these I think, they get good reviews

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermos-Ultimate-Flask-Graphite-Steel/dp/B001F514WC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387217632&sr=8-1&keywords=ultimate+thermos+flask

i have just bought a stanley after having thermos and tesco flasks and it is there aniversary model from go outdoors and it is hands down the best flask i have ever had . :good: also the original fairy luiqued is the best and goes further.i also rate dyson hoovers :lol:

There is no such thing as a Dyson Hoover... they are both brand names you wally.... :lol:

Hoover is a well known Leicester slang for a vacuum. :whistling:

Mrs-G has been known for calling hers a Hoover, and is also one to say 'tall seepends' for it all depends, and pasgetti for spagetti. She does come from Syston though.

Edited by Dave-G

Thing

Thing is I make fresh coffee from bean to cup, so no option but to put the coffee in the flask!

Looking at one of these I think, they get good reviews

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermos-Ultimate-Flask-Graphite-Steel/dp/B001F514WC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387217632&sr=8-1&keywords=ultimate+thermos+flask

Surely you could "slum it " and take some instant when you go shooting :)

There is no such thing as a Dyson Hoover... they are both brand names you wally.... :lol:

Hoover is a well known Leicester slang for a vacuum. :whistling:

Mrs-G has been known for calling hers a Hoover, and is also one to say 'tall seepends' for it all depends, and pasgetti for spagetti. She does come from Syston though.

sorry my lord , one will talk proper from now on. :lol:

The secret to tea in a flask is to put one tea bag only into the flask and take the milk separately.

got to be a fresh brew for me the flask thing just never tastes right.

trangia meths stove with kettle , bought about 25years ago.

its the most important bit of kit in the bag :good: