Rare sight today

la bala

we have PCSO's in our village and fair play they are brilliant, one helped me persoanlly with a dodgy neighbour and she could have done more to help... one who covers the other side of the village does so much for the community, he even played santa at our christmas event..

but as PC's go i cant remember the last time i saw one on the beat here

That's what PCSOs are for. Why spend time and money training police officers to have them walk around on the off chance a crime is committed? I'd prefer the few police we have left to be near to a car for when they are needed, what I would like to see though, is police stations open to the public rather than that bloody annoying yellow bat-phone they have.

I was walking through our town today and saw a bobby on the beat, i couldnt believe my eyes.

Probably picking up the elevenses from Dunkin' Donuts. :yes:

PCSO's are alright, until anyone questions there authority, which is practically nil.

They are just window dressing.

Ours recently complained that people were phoning the Police to report coursers, instead of telephoning him.

When asked what he would do if people phoned him, he had to admit he would have to phone the Police. :rolleyes:

Probably picking up the elevenses from Dunkin' Donuts. :yes:

PCSO's are alright, until anyone questions there authority, which is practically nil.

They are just window dressing.

Ours recently complained that people were phoning the Police to report coursers, instead of telephoning him.

When asked what he would do if people phoned him, he had to admit he would have to phone the Police. :rolleyes:

there you have it britains policing policy

Last time I saw a bobby on the beat he was in the high street, I'd got a bit of a gob on having just run over a broken bottle at the edge of the road while calling in to the local town to pick up a takeaway meal. I asked why they weren't on the case with the yobs chucking rubbish and bottles about and he went off on one saying that often as not while he was patrolling there was a gang of kids walking behind him hurling abuse at him. I nearly wet myself laughing which didn't go down to well, jeez I can just imagine how that scenario would have ended up when we were kids!

Funny old works really.