anyone shooting this weekend?

nderfel

anyone shooting this weekend?

exciting times, I am shooting a new permission tomorrow, 36 acres of woodland in Somerset with some open spaces to decoy the flying rats.

Meeting the landowner there to show us the boundries and tell us what she'd like, from what she has said the tree rats are a problem having killed off a load of new trees last yearby ring barking them so we'll be taking our poles and shotguns

Fingers crossed for decent weather

well we were shown round the boundaries of our new permission by the landowner yesterday, pigeon wise its got the only wood block for a good few miles so we are hopeful for some roost shooting, the only problem being the trees are bloody tall, 60,80 foot firs with heavy foliage!

lots of opportunities for rabbit, deer and fox though so a winner!

plus its got a nice hut in the woods with a stove and insulation with a handy window that looks out over a nice open area, double winner.

how did everyone else get on yesterday?

post-68431-0-36304800-1389511942_thumb.jpg

I headed out late. By the time I found any worthwhile pigeons it was 1pm. They were feeding on a half harvested field of cabbages. I pushed them off and they started to trickle back. I reckon they had been feeding on this field undisturbed for quite a while, so I left them alone. I will give them a proper drilling next week if they are still there. I then took the dog for a walk, and shot a few birds flighting in to roost. I also bagged this wee fella.

post-2557-0-13344600-1389512758_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dr D