it's cold in the shed

vmaxphil

I've been making pens for some time and showed one to a receptionist at one of the health centres we look after and ended up with an order for 16! and at this time of year it's cold in the shed, each one takes about 1 hour from start to finish so 16 hours of cold feet in over just over a week still quite happy with the result I was a bit worried that the damp would affect the Finnish but all OK. Got permission from mods before posting this. post-17816-0-37913600-1390282993_thumb.jpg

to answer questions, yes I do sell them £7 plane ends £7.50 stylus ends. I buy the kits (all metal parts) drill the wood glue some brass tubes in and turn the wood to size and press the parts to finish it plenty of you tube vids if you are interested

you can get whistle kits (have to train the misses to it though)

Guest rimotu66

Very nice work and I would like a few, one question though, why make them in the shed, it would be much warmer sat in front of the fire, I used to clean my guns in the garage until I thought 'sod this' so now I use some old towels and clean them in the living room in front of the open fire, cushty :good:

Very nice work and I would like a few, one question though, why make them in the shed, it would be much warmer sat in front of the fire, I used to clean my guns in the garage until I thought 'sod this' so now I use some old towels and clean them in the living room in front of the open fire, cushty :good:

Maybe his wife wont let him bring the lathe indoors.