Lunch time while decoying

Davyo

What do you do for grub,I used to take sarnies,crisps,biscuits and a flask and eat as I go.I have lately been nocking of for lunch as I have stocked the 4x4 out with a stove and a load of cooking utensils.I have a little box with rape seed oil, herbs garlic ect.I like nothing better than taking a couple of fresh shot birds and flash frying the breasts in rape seed oil,garlic and soya sauce.Throw this into a fresh baguette with baby leaf lettuce.Or I sometimes do a little stir fry with woodpigeon and noodles, peppers and mushrooms.Also keep a healthy stock of beans,soups & pot noodles in the 4x4.

Even made a little drop down bench to cook on.

That's quite good and I have taken the bbq on the odd occasion but only if several are going on the same day. I find that its too much trouble stocking up and cleaning up the mess.If we are on an all day shoot the pigeon stop flying around mid day. So we head for mac Ds or a local restaurant. If the pigeon keep coming I don't stop to eat. But if your going to cook come shooting with me anytime. woodfordpigeon

I am quite organised,I usually buy stuff the day before if im taking mushrooms,peppers or anything thats fresh ext.But there is always a good stock of tins, pot noodles porridge and stuff.The 4x4 only a shooting bus so everthing is always left in it, stove pots & pans ext.I always boil another kettle an wash up after eating so nothing to do later, if I have someone shooting with me they always offer to wash up.

It just makes the day a little better especially in the winter when we ferret.The lads will do a warren before lunch and I will pop back to the 4x4 and start putting lunch on ready for them comming back.Its become a part of the day the lads look forward to.Plus I get them to work better after a good meal.

Edited by Davyo

I Cant eat a freshly shot bird, I,ve tried before, thought it sounded like a good idea at the time, but has the texture of a bit rubber and disnae taste much better either :lol: I find i have to hang all my birds and anything else i get to get a much better flavour.

I take a trangia, few bits of food, Tea bags, snack pot/pot noodle style things and plenty cup a soups. Can't beat a fresh hot drink on a cold day. Packs up to hardly anything too does a trangia in the bottom of the rucksack. Cup a soups weigh nothing same as pot noodles/pot pasta stuff. Normally two of us in the hide and for years my mate always seems to 'forget' his stuff and ends up eating half of what I take..... <_<

post-30838-0-42214200-1391104423_thumb.jpg

Edited by Thelongwayup