3rd time lucky

simon6ppc

hi guys,ive been to this certain field twice now and seen the same fox only for him to be in a unsafe spot and another time some joe public was walking around with a touch at midnight for some silly reason in the same field,any way last night me and channa went back only to see him sat in some rushes with a nice big hill behind him for a change at around 180 yard,i could only see his head and it was quite windy so i aimed on his left eye to allow the wind to blow the bullet around the center of his head, which it did with a nice hit realy,so another shot with my 22ppc with a side winder scope i put on off my air rifle at christmas as i was bored and wanted to see if it could perform,cheers simon

post-56146-0-06128800-1392662743_thumb.jpg

Out of interest, I don't know much about a 22ppc - are they a fairly uncommon calibre? Do you have to reload all your own ammo? What's the calibre similar to?

hyia pal,the 22ppc is a benchrest round,you have to reload for it,its almost the velocity of the 22.250 so it makes a top round for fox as you have a fast bullet that is seriously accurate,that was a 4 shot group at 100 yards shot with my RPA 22ppc when i was having a very good day,which i don't always have.lol

post-56146-0-48514900-1392704316_thumb.jpg

Edited by simon6ppc

hyia pal,the 22ppc is a benchrest round,you have to reload for it,its almost the velocity of the 22.250 so it makes a top round for fox as you have a fast bullet that is seriously accurate,that was a 4 shot group at 100 yards shot with my RPA 22ppc when i was having a very good day,which i don't always have.lol

Wow, pretty good!

Wish I could reload, and had a larger calibre! Alas, .17hmr for the moment.