Been naughty

parapilot

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brain say's it should be illegal but my heart says it should be compulsory

As long as it does not involve a drivers hand or proves too distracting - I am sure it is a part of every you man's past (if he is really lucky) but it often comes (apologies ) at an age when speed is rather more important and thus can prove very dangerous and then there are the HGV drivers, I suppose?

I thought it was quite amusing. Well, it made me chuckle.

This thread really has been a beacon for the miserable dogooders :lol:

Edit

Paddy you beat me to it! :lol:

Edit edit

This thread reminds me of how cross, indignant and genuinely surprised my dad gets when people overtake him on the horn when he's doing 39 mph in a national limit on sunny bank holiday whilst pointing out he is within the speed limit :lol:

Edited by Mungler

Using a mobile 'phone when driving was always covered under the 'Driving without due care and attention' legislation, and still is in certain circumstances.

The only real change to the original legislation when it was made a stand alone offence is that you can now be stopped when stationary i.e. in a traffic queue, or at lights, railway crossing etc.

Which is a nice little earner!! :whistling:

Ask your boyfriends what they think first

Mungler I know this is the internet and I have a high regard for both your humour and your usual incisiveness. This time you have the wrong end of a ****** stick and your usual homophobic funnies wont cut it.

Lets just drop it and get back to our (hopefully) mutual respect.

I thought it was quite amusing. Well, it made me chuckle.

This thread really has been a beacon for the miserable dogooders :lol:

Edit

Paddy you best me to it! :lol:

A brief with a sense of humour....now that is a real crime.

consider youself busted.

f.

My 'leave it in the boot' routine works well too.

What a sad society we have become when we find it impossible to live without a bloody phone.

Yeah, but some of us work on the move, and the customer's phone call to let me know that they are home can save a lot of unnecessary driving.

Bluetooth is legal, doesn't impinge on one's driving abilities and as far as I'm concerned improves my productivity.

Mungler I know this is the internet and I have a high regard for both your humour and your usual incisiveness. This time you have the wrong end of a ****** stick and your usual homophobic funnies wont cut it.Lets just drop it and get back to our (hopefully) mutual respect.

Errrr what I posted wasn't homophobic per se.

It was insinuating that the earlier references to oral relief whilst driving was between men (I can clarify that I presume them to be consenting and of the correct age too)

I would at this point normally quip that you should ask your boyfriend to pass you a dictionary but you appear to have had a bad day, a teensy sense of humour failure and so I won't push my luck

Edited by Mungler

Errrr what I posted wasn't homophobic per se.

It was insinuating that the earlier references to oral relief whilst driving was between men (I can clarify that I presume them to be consenting and of the correct age too)

I would at this point normally quip that you should ask your boyfriend to pass you a dictionary but you appear to have had a bad day and I won't push my luck

Quod erat demonstrandum.

this is my buddy being cut out of his car which I must add took 1 1/2 hrs to get him out, he had several broken ribs and bones in his back broken,, guess what the guy was doing that lost control going round a bend,

using his phone talking to his mother, he was taken to court given 6pts on his licence and fined £200, what a joke,

have a good look at this picture and tell me you agree with using a phone whilst driving,, if you do then you are a fool,

and to make matters worse it is my shooting buddy who started the thread,, no sympathy this time Jamie you bloody idiot

phillycrash001_zpsb70dc77e.jpg

Just out of interest, was it a mobile phone or a CB radio the other bloke was using?

Back in the old days what did people blame their accidents on? Mind you, they were all crazy drunk I suppose.

I'm genuinely surprised I'm still alive - I used to use my phone, smoke and drive above the speed limit. My grandchildren are going to think I'm James Dean with stories like that.

Edited by Mungler

driving using one hand is not distracting

hands free kits need the left hand to control them. Its illegal to use mobile phones it should also apply to hands free kits

Thats not true in 05 i bought a honda crv ctdi and part of the deal was a blue tooth set...

If i want to use my phone i have to stop to find the number i want ....

But if i get a call while driving even if my phone is in my jacket in the boot ( it quite often is when coming back from a shoot) it only rings 4 times then

it automaticlly answers,

i don't have to take my hands from the steering wheel and when we have finished talking if the other person hangs up it switches off after a couple of seconds.. :good:

Edited by hawkeye

I do not have a problem with anyone driving in excess of the speed limit, using their phone, jumping traffic lights or any other damned fool thing they wish to do on our roads as long as if and when it goes wrong THEY and only THEY are wiped out. The unfortunate thing is, in a lot of cases it is some poor innocent sod who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time that comes off worse. Try knocking on the door and explaining to some grieving Parents that their loved one will not be home again, EVER, because someone put talking to one of his customers over, control of his vehicle.

After many years of a clean licence I got pulled today for taking a call on my phone while driving :( gutted, but I know its wrong so fair cop. Was an ARV to, must have been bored.

One thing I did find interesting, they made me get my phone, took the number, network etc, then radioed the number to control room, she then said you will get a call now from a withheld number don't answer. It rang, then the control issued a log number over the radio with ref to it!!

Any traffic cops know what that was all about??

The name check come back I was a firearm owner so we had a good chat in the end, and they were nice just a shame it was under them circumstances!!

Fingers crossed they offer a course and not just points. They said that could be an option but its upto who ever makes the desicions. If I do get a course do I need to put it on my renewals???

Welcome to the club.

I was caught holding my mobile whilst in a traffic jam (only moved 300yards in 25minutes).

Yes I know it was wrong, but I was only sending the text when I was stationary with my HANDBRAKE applied when the Chief Inspector drove past in his unmarked car.

All this was only 6weeks ago and I am still waiting to come back (I was told today this can take up to 12weeks). As I hold a professional licence, I am waiting on a summons of the Traffic Commissioner to suspend my professional licence for a minimum of 2 weeks. This is on top of the £100 YES £100 fine and three points.

All in with the fine, insurance increase and forced 2weeks off work, I am looking to be out of pocket to the tune of £2000+

Mungler, would you like to defend me against the Traffic Commissioner (VOSA), or could you recommend anyone who has experience with the T.C.

Welcome to the club.

I was caught holding my mobile whilst in a traffic jam (only moved 300yards in 25minutes).

Yes I know it was wrong, but I was only sending the text when I was stationary with my HANDBRAKE applied when the Chief Inspector drove past in his unmarked car.

All this was only 6weeks ago and I am still waiting to come back (I was told today this can take up to 12weeks). As I hold a professional licence, I am waiting on a summons of the Traffic Commissioner to suspend my professional licence for a minimum of 2 weeks. This is on top of the £100 YES £100 fine and three points.

All in with the fine, insurance increase and forced 2weeks off work, I am looking to be out of pocket to the tune of £2000+

Mungler, would you like to defend me against the Traffic Commissioner (VOSA), or could you recommend anyone who has experience with the T.C.

Using a mobile 'phone when driving was always covered under the 'Driving without due care and attention' legislation, and still is in certain circumstances.

The only real change to the original legislation when it was made a stand alone offence is that you can now be stopped when stationary i.e. in a traffic queue, or at lights, railway crossing etc.

Which is a nice little earner!! :whistling:

I rest my case.

I've got the name of a Barrister I use for this caper - brilliant on his feet and super bright (as they all are).

I'll PM you his details - he might do direct access

I sympathise with anyone who has to deal with the TC (or the deputies) - anal with a capital A is the best way I can describe it

It has stuff all to do with 'earners' if it saves just one life in a year, then it is worthwhile. I am sorry but I just can not accept that if you are engrossed in you telephone conversation/text reading/ writing that you can claim you are in control of your vehicle, regardless of whether you are stopped whilst already stationary or not.

It has stuff all to do with 'earners' if it saves just one life in a year, then it is worthwhile. I am sorry but I just can not accept that if you are engrossed in you telephone conversation/text reading/ writing that you can claim you are in control of your vehicle, regardless of whether you are stopped whilst already stationary or not.

Let's ban guns then, that almost certainly would save at least 1 life in a year.

Discuss.