Hedgehog

steve_b_wales

I allways thought cat food but I may be wrong. Not seen a hedgehog for ages.

Me too. Of all the years ( too many to count) that I've been on farms etc, I've never seen one, not even while lamping. This little one comes into the garden area of a community house where I work It may have been attracted by the bird food that is dropped from the feeders that we have hanging. In the early hours of this morning,while on a night shift, I sat outside and watched it moving about searching for scraps. I think it ate a few peanuts. It was no more that 2ft away from me.

We took on two hogs from a local rescue sanctuary last year. They provided us with a bag full of food; a mixture of peanuts, dried small pellet dog food and 'soft' nugget type cat food. We made a hedgehog house as per the recommended style from the internet, and popped them in it. Never saw the little tykes again. Moved on to pastures new!!! :ninja:

Good luck with yours Steve...

ATB,

Mike.

Edit - grammar.

Edited by Mike737

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the hedgehog, now named Spike, is having a great time in the garden where I work. He/She comes out every night around 2am and forages in the garden. We have supplied it some dog food (which a bloody cat ate!) and fresh drinking water. We now feed it on small pieces of cooked chicken, and crushed peanuts. The hedgehog seems to be doing fine, and is 'almost tame'. Many of my staff have never seen a live hedgehog and were amazed when it allowed them to stroke it. I've only seen this one though, but hopefully, a few more will come into the garden for a free meal/drink.