NEW pigeon shooting video with my new beretta A400

Guest stevo

Guest stevo

Evening all ,

well as some of you know yesterday I picked up a brand spanking new Beretta A400 Action , well to say I was over the moon with it when I picked it up would be an understatement to say the least , anyhow I got it home and spent half the night playing , and reading the instructions ( for the gun pod ) , when I got a call , would I like to go and shoot some more drillings in the morning , of course I will I said , so off I went this morning ,

now just point out , the gun was and still is 100% standard as in , I have not altered it in any way , I wanted to take it out for a day , see how and where it shoots before I even think about changing anything , so please bear that in mind when you watch the vid , its the first time I have used it !! ( does shoot a tad high )

I was set up for 7am and was shooting over fresh bean drillings , no decoys , only a magnet with 2 dead birds on it . I packed up at 2.45pm only because I was shattered ( getting old )

the day finished with a total bag of

92 woodies

5 rooks

4 jackdaws

total bag of 101 birds

please note I made a bit of a hash of the vid , about halfway through the morning I noticed the battery was nearly flat , it turns out I have a wifi thing on the cam . And I never knew it , I turned it off but it had already killed my battery :-( so I had to use it sparingly to make sure it lasted me , also the last two birds shot are the wrong way around , , the one with me cheering was when I hit the hundred and the other one is when I hit the 101 , I packed up at that point .

anyway I hope you enjoy what I have managed to record anyway

link for vid

photo of the days bag https://www.dropbox.com/sc/0cglrplehvl9fv0/rbyOulYXWR

Guest stevo

Nice shooting Stevo, so how do you like the new gun now ?

I have to say im quite impressed so far , its light . its fast handling , its cycling is like lightning ,.... unbelievably fast ! , its quite pretty . I just need to make a few adjustments after having the day out with it . but overall .... yes im very pleased with it

oh one thing I did notice when cleaning it tonight , how clean it was , as in the internal workings .

Nice shooting, some good doubles going left and right, not so easy unless your quick, looks like a really nice gun, Ive been thinking about a semi for a while, but I really like my baretta 686 for clays as well as out in the field, plus its finding the funds as I wouldn't sell what ive already got. next time your out scare a few birds down into norfolk, were a bit short of them here :yahoo::yahoo:

Guest stevo

Thank you for all your comments they all really appreciated very much ,

its a shame others cant do vid's , there are some superb shooters on here , and we could all learn a thing or two ( your never too old to learn ) , however as im finding out its not the easiest thing shooting with a cam strapped onto the side of your , especially if you use headphones like I do

With regards the gun , later im going change a few bits , ..... front bead , cast slightly , and comb height . Then with a bit of luck we should be somewhere near .

also forgot to say I found the kick off system a revelation , I can see why some my not like them as they can sound a bit mechanical , however I really didn't notice it , while I was out yesterday I did chuck a few gamebore black gold's down it ( 35 gram #5 ) just to see what the recoil felt like , and I must say I was very surprised to say the least , the recoil was half of what I would have felt from my Beretta A300 , I cant wait till next weekend so I can get out again .

once again thank you for all of your comments , im chuffed to bits you like the video

regards stevo