My woodturning hobby

Dave-UK

When i'm not out shooting, riding my motorbike, or looking at heavenly bodies, with my telescope.

I like to get creative in my shed, i make bowls, platters , goblets, shaving brushes and razors and pens. I like to turn wood but there are some nice acrylics out there too

Here are a few items i turned, the bullet pens are made from a real 7.62 (.308) round, with red deer antler or wood tops.

Hope you like them

post-70021-0-49309800-1398692939_thumb.jpg

post-70021-0-12261100-1398692954_thumb.jpg

post-70021-0-58096500-1398692967_thumb.jpg

post-70021-0-79737100-1398692987_thumb.jpg

post-70021-0-75378500-1398693004_thumb.jpg

post-70021-0-44867100-1398693023_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave-UK

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful work.

I do a bit of woodturning myself, and your pics show great quality.

I may be wrong in this, but doesn't there need to be a small hole drilled into the side of the bullet case to show that it is a deact round? As well as removing the primer of course.

Thank you. I buy the brass new, as spent ones are no good as there too loose to hold the bullet. I buy them and the bullet heads for a gun dealer, and you don't need an FAC, the cartridge has no primer fitted, so there completely inert. I drill a 7mm hole where the primer would have been to accept the twist mechanism for the cross refill. I then melt all the lead out of the bullet heads and drill a small hole for the nip to protrude.

Simple to make but time consuming, but well worth it.

Thank you. I buy the brass new, as spent ones are no good as there too loose to hold the bullet. I buy them and the bullet heads for a gun dealer, and you don't need an FAC, the cartridge has no primer fitted, so there completely inert. I drill a 7mm hole where the primer would have been to accept the twist mechanism for the cross refill. I then melt all the lead out of the bullet heads and drill a small hole for the nip to protrude.

Simple to make but time consuming, but well worth it.

The pens are great, the price of new brass I should get older brass I am sure you could get it re-sized before sending

Thank you all for your kind comments

If you can keep a secret, (from the wife) i'm going to turn an exact copy of a clay onto wood, then somehow, yet to be decided, mount the first 2 spent cartridges my wife fires with her new shotgun onto it

So far i'm thinking of using 3 spent cartridges, one as a base in the centre of the wooden clay, then the first 2 she fired suspended on some thin wire to give the illusion of being ejected. Ideas are still zipping around in my head. I know she'll love it,

Edited by Dave-UK

Hi guy's i don't have a website, but if anyone want to buy a pen just pm me with what you'd like, add in you email address so i can send you some photos.

Pen's range from £30 for the bullet pens to £50 for the ones i've photographed. I won't accept any payments until the pens have been delivered and your 100% happy