My First Buck

110csw

Over the weekend I got taken out to do a bit of stalking by a Keeper mate as a favour from the Head Keeper I beat for and managed to shoot this lovely looking Buck.

Due to the lie of the land the shot was taken from only 48 yards and had to be a neck shot as he was stood facing me in low cover. Luckily I managed to keep calm enough till after the shot lol. It was also the first time I've used my .243 properly too.

It was a top weekend all things considered!!

Edited by Beardo

Cheers guys,

Yes my mate (and the Head Keeper) are both in line for a good malt each lol.

Currently the heads in the freezer and is getting cleaned at the weekend and I'm definitely mounting it too. I don't think I'll bother getting it scored as it's probably not a bronze medal head but I'll check out the skull once it's clean. He was a right healthy beast, only had 3 ticks on his undercarriage and weighed 30lbs without his head and legs.

I can remember my first solo buck shot over 50 years ago . Shot him with a sportarised SMLE .303 and military ball ammo and open sights . Killed him clean at 65 paces from a high seat . I will never forget it ,neither will you . A nice buck .

Harnser