The Solstice........

ack-ack

I'm taking the kids down to the beach tomorow evening - fishing rod, bbq, sausages for when I don't catch any mackerel and a small bottle of beer to toast the coming of those longer nights. There's unlikely to be any touching base with pagans, but when one of kids informs me they are touching cloth we'll pack up and head home slightly salt encrusted and nicely tired.

Edited by FalconFN

been invited to a flowers, prancing and drinking do on the local beach, hopefully without midges and rain, now where did i put my sarong and sandals. you?

It was a toss up between; beeswaxing my hair into dreds, pulling the brush painted former mobile library out of the nettles and heading doen the 303 or going sole fishing all night at dungie. I have opted for the latter.

I'm taking the kids down to the beach tomorow evening - fishing rod, bbq, sausages for when I don't catch any mackerel and a small bottle of beer to toast the coming of those longer nights. There's unlikely to be any touching base with pagans, but when one of kids informs me they are touching cloth we'll pack up and head home slightly salt encrusted and nicely tired.

Lol

Brilliant!

BBQ swimming pool, small fire to keep midges away, and plenty of cold lager, it's going to be a long day.

They have a huge knees up in Sweden to celebrate midsummer, this year they had it last night so they have the whole weekend to recover from the hangover so my friends there tell me.

I have never heard about the size of swedes knees before,must be swollen joints !

In my youth I used to own an old ambulance which was converted into a campervan, it had AMBIENCE in reverse lettering written across the front - can't get more New Age than than can you?

I used to go to all the solstices and free parties, one year I turned up at Avebury stone circle for the autumn equinox thinking that there would be people there looking to celebrate, but I was the only one there. Suddenly, out of the mist these people appeared wearing cloaks and holding a sword "are you here for the ceremony" one of them said - that was an odd night. Paganism is no more ridiculous than all of the other religions, in my opinion.

Anyway, twenty five years later and here I am on Pidgeon Watch.

The estimate of crowds that attended was 35,000 so it is still very popular.

The weather was fantastic so it made a change from mist and rain.

We have to watch out for 'dumps' in the hedges and ditches now for at least a mile around as there wasn't/isn't usually enough toilets in the area.

In my youth I used to own an old ambulance which was converted into a campervan, it had AMBIENCE in reverse lettering written across the front - can't get more New Age than than can you?

I used to go to all the solstices and free parties, one year I turned up at Avebury stone circle for the autumn equinox thinking that there would be people there looking to celebrate, but I was the only one there. Suddenly, out of the mist these people appeared wearing cloaks and holding a sword "are you here for the ceremony" one of them said - that was an odd night. Paganism is no more ridiculous than all of the other religions, in my opinion.

Anyway, twenty five years later and here I am on Pidgeon Watch.

There we have it, paganism is a rite of passage to Pidgeon Watch :lol:

It was a toss up between; beeswaxing my hair into dreds, pulling the brush painted former mobile library out of the nettles and heading doen the 303 or going sole fishing all night at dungie. I have opted for the latter.

I'd go for a bit sole searching myself, used to get few in Suffolk, what bait have you got ?

I'd go for a bit sole searching myself, used to get few in Suffolk, what bait have you got ?

Local lug left over from an amusing yet fishless high water with Margun and his brother earlier today. I have just got back from fishing the down at Dymchurch after an equally fishless session. Would have kept going but it was utterly sole-less and i am sunburnt to a chuffing crisp.

In your face looser, we manged a quite spectacular one, yes one, mackerel, all for only 2 and a half sun-baked hours fishing (I blame the kids, 8 year olds can't cast further than 20 yards).

post-20802-0-79067200-1403389675_thumb.jpg

After such a fishy feast I couldn't eat anything.

Except maybe a packet of crisps.

And a chocolate bourbon.

Or two.

And a sandwich.

Maybe a chilli con carne.

With cheese.

Local lug left over from an amusing yet fishless high water with Margun and his brother earlier today. I have just got back from fishing the down at Dymchurch after an equally fishless session. Would have kept going but it was utterly sole-less and i am sunburnt to a chuffing crisp.

Sunburn ! whats that like, we used to get them on rag, king or harbour on moonlit nights with a short lob just beyond the wave, mind you that was a long time ago, still I can think of worse ways to spend your time.

In your face looser, we manged a quite spectacular one, yes one, mackerel, all for only 2 and a half sun-baked hours fishing (I blame the kids, 8 year olds can't cast further than 20 yards).

attachicon.gifIMG_20140621_232026.jpg

After such a fishy feast I couldn't eat anything.

Except maybe a packet of crisps.

And a chocolate bourbon.

Or two.

And a sandwich.

Maybe a chilli con carne.

With cheese.

If you get that many every trip its no wonder Quota's are so hard to get, Save some for the Spanish!

when the scots opt out of the union they will loose their quotas and will have to keep to their own fishing grounds......its all a horrible mess.....half the norfolk coast is scottish from when they used to follow the "silver darlings" down to the southern waters.............all that history gone ...shame !