anybody got imput on these =fiocchi top 1's or Rio Target Load

hi

im fairly new to shooting and still experimenting with cartridges ( although some say pick 1 and stick to it )

ive been using the comp x 28g 7.5 plastic for sporting and im very happy with these.

ive been on the skeet today and noticed lots of the comp x in the bins and lots of the fiocchi's and rio's does anyone use these on skeet and how are they to shoot ?

after a quick look the fiocchi seem to have decent reviews and seem a good price too @ £159.50 per 1000.

just wondering how clean they are and what the recoil is like ?

thanks

Fiocchis are nice shells. I have shot Top 1s and Fiocchi Blues. Clean, with little residue in the barrels and little recoil. I have to admit to having 5 misfires in about 2000 shells. Not a case of light strikes as the indentation was quite deep. They went off next shot.

They need to look at their primers, but in terms of bang for your buck, I will still use them.

Fiocchis are nice shells. I have shot Top 1s and Fiocchi Blues. Clean, with little residue in the barrels and little recoil. I have to admit to having 5 misfires in about 2000 shells. Not a case of light strikes as the indentation was quite deep. They went off next shot.

They need to look at their primers, but in terms of bang for your buck, I will still use them.

thanks for that Gordon, I don't compete so a misfire isn't too greater issue at the prices they are. as long as there shoulder friendly and clean im happy.

stick to compX for a while they are very soft shooting, most other carts are harder on the shoulder which isn't what you need as a beginner for skeet use 8/9 shot size and 21g/24g load is plenty 28g 7.5 is no real benefit 21g 9's are cheaper and even easier on the shoulder.

Oh and the barrels are as clean as the last shot fired... Dirty or clean the gun still needs a clean when you get home and the clays don't seem to care how clean the barrel is....

Edited by HDAV

Just started using the fiocchi shells and I'm impressed with them. I needed a good (and cheapish)24gram fibre shell and the Top1s fit the bill nicely. Low recoil,no misfires and are very clean so far.

Tried a slab of compx but they seem be a bit more punchy (28gram fibre only) so were a bit much for the wife.

Rio Target Loads are a great all round shell. I regularly use the 24g 9s for OSK and the 28g 7s and 8s in plastic and fibre for sporting. Across the range all clean burning, smooth recoil and hit things hard. Both thumbs up from me

Rio Target Loads are a great all round shell. I regularly use the 24g 9s for OSK and the 28g 7s and 8s in plastic and fibre for sporting. Across the range all clean burning, smooth recoil and hit things hard. Both thumbs up from me

Had 2 misfires out 250 Top1 and RFD I bought them from had 2 other customers with the same problem. Apart from that I liked them & would be tempted to buy them again as it could just have been a bad batch. Am now using CompX which seem to be the best I have tried.

• 2 weeks later...