Holiday destinations

leeds chimp

Maderia, would be the only option for me.It's very beautiful and the hotels are usually excellent. The island is stunning and there are some fantastic walks up in the mountains.Make sure you get a pool as Maderia doesn't have beaches. Another bonus for me as that means less children about the place.When you arrive at the airport you will instantly know which queue to join as it will normally be the quiet orderly one. . No rowdies, no drunks, bliss... from Auntie.

Egypt for sun sea and sand with great diving opportunities over the coral. We stayed in the Hilton at Sharks Bay in SHarm el sheikh, all inclusive with ok food and drink.

It was around the £350 mark each a few years ago before the uprising in Cairo. Possibly cheaper now.

Cuba ! Been around 7 times. Fantastic value, great country and a little bit different. All inclusive, fantastic food, horse riding and fishing combined for £10, fantastic people.

Playa Pesquero in Guardalavaca (look after the cows). Thompson, First Choice and I think Thomas Cook. Largest pool in the Caribbean, All inclusive including ice cream shop, kids club, imported and local drinks included. I have nothing negative to say about the hotel and destination.

As I said, I went there for around 7 years, perfect holiday.

For tropical sea and good beaches I would say Egypt too . Dahab Hilton is brilliant for the beach and relaxing atmosphere . Been there twice .

Nowhere has such a good climate and certainly not the sea and marine life of the Red Sea . Especially if cash is an issue like it is for alot of us . Pm me for info has go to Egypt frequently . Took the family too despite mrs being a nervous traveller and she loved it .

Edited by vole

Cuba ! Been around 7 times. Fantastic value, great country and a little bit different. All inclusive, fantastic food, horse riding and fishing combined for £10, fantastic people.

Playa Pesquero in Guardalavaca (look after the cows). Thompson, First Choice and I think Thomas Cook. Largest pool in the Caribbean, All inclusive including ice cream shop, kids club, imported and local drinks included. I have nothing negative to say about the hotel and destination.

As I said, I went there for around 7 years, perfect holiday.

+ 1 went same complex this year end jan great time had by all

done a bit of fishing in the mangroves guided trip very cheap to do and the only thing we had to pay for outside complex :good: all inclusive best choice when you take your kids i took 5 :sad1:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Rum and cigars

rob

will have a look at Egypt then...whats the weather like is Feb/Mar??

Lovely sunny days . Warm to cool evenings . Never had rain or cloud there . Beats most other destinations especially if on budget . You wont see angel fish or parrot fish on the beach in the Canaries .