Just a quick question, SGC, how many guns possible

There seems to be some limit above which more security is required as the guns become 'more of a target'. As maliskerow says 10-15, depending on your force area and FEO's views. Up to ten should be no problems - apparently

I think there are levels of security dependant on numbers and all this is a bit subjective..... 10 seems to trigger an alarm request quite often

Unless you're under Avon & Somerset where they go with the lower limit set in the HO guidelines and want an alarm when you have more than 5.

If they insist on an alarm, ask them how long it will take THEM to respond to it, should it activate !

Ha brilliant ! There is no "limit" but if you have a 3 gun cabinet and 5+ they may wish to check they all fit. It is your responsibility to ensure they are all secured not the polices (else they would be round every night to check...)

Hi

6 in Hampshire and they count moderaters as 1

Home office guideline is additional security may be required if you live in a high crime area or have a exesive amount

Got every thing pir sensors pressure plates dialer on alarm not linked to police station they only man it 2hours a day

So my advice would be check with your local Flo

All the best

Of

I have a standard shotgun certificate with 3 shotguns listed, I've been offered several guns over the last few weeks and feel I could do with another one or two,don't tell the wife, looking for fully silenced 20 bore and a decent 3 shot semi, what's the limit on a single licence, thanks, :/:/

You can only use one gun at a time.....Also proper gun fit is important, and you wont be able to have them all the same.

I don't get the " I need another gun because it will be handy" part......

I've had my Browning 24 years and just brought a 425 for the foreshore as I want to preserve the 325. I had it cast left and 3/8 off the stock.

With a bit of planning one or two guns should get you all you need......

However fill it up at your pleasure.....

TEH

my FEO came around the other day and panicked a bit when he saw a new 5 gun cabinet, in addition to a ten gun+ one in the loft, why do you need all this storage? are you intending more guns? he calmed down when I told him It was to store guns in more regular use down stairs rather than climb the loft ladder every night he was much happier.

I'd go with that. I've had a SxS game gun and a SxS 3" magnum for 20 odd years and both have served me for everything, even competitive clay shooting many years ago.

You can only use one gun at a time.....Also proper gun fit is important, and you wont be able to have them all the same.

I've had my Browning 24 years and just brought a 425 for the foreshore as I want to preserve the 325. I had it cast left and 3/8 off the stock.

TEH

my FEO came around the other day and panicked a bit when he saw a new 5 gun cabinet, in addition to a ten gun+ one in the loft, why do you need all this storage? are you intending more guns? he calmed down when I told him It was to store guns in more regular use down stairs rather than climb the loft ladder every night he was much happier.

What business is it of his how many guns or cabinets you have.

Glad I live in North Yorkshire now they would never make a stupid comment, I hope

Thank you all for your comments and advice, I have my beretta for clays and pigeons, my spanish d/b as a spare when my son drops in from the usa for a spot of pigeon bashing and the .410 hush for a bit of quiet work near properties. I want to sell on the d/b but need to get the 3 shot before I do so I will have 4, and the silenced 20 bore to upgrade from the .410, which I dont want to sell as its a family piece. so I could end up with 4 possibly 5 at the same time, my cabinet is a tight fit 3 guns so thats the next thing to get another or a bigger one, just dont want to get the wrong side of the local fao. :good::good:

What business is it of his how many guns or cabinets you have.

Glad I live in North Yorkshire now they would never make a stupid comment, I hope

North yorkshire are good.

With one thing and another if you can get the door closed and locked it should not matter. Although you can squeeze more guns in to these safes than marketed it gets to be a pain taking them in and out. Biggest regret was not only paying full price for a cabinet and not looking second hand and buying such a small cabinet.

TEH

Different guns do different things, pair of 12 bore OU for game, 28 OU for walked up and smaller days, 12 bore skeet gun. Classic Sbs (piece of gun making art bring a smile to the face when shooting), all fit and apart from the SbS have distinct use.

Then there's the wife's gun.

Had FAO visit a few weeks ago .. his concern was l had more shotguns than the cabinet was listed down as able to hold .. 4 gun cabinet, l've 6 shotguns!

He satified his curiosity regarding all shotguns fitting securely into my cabinet. He said if l were to get more shotguns, l'd have to get another cabinet. My 4 gun cabinet has been relisted as a 6 gin cabinet "space wise at least" ...

lm referring to Merseyside firearms. I found that very reasonable, and agree, that they should look into matters like this.

and on the subject of stupid comments.

what business is it of your fao how many guns you have!!!

Don't quite know how to take your comment but am guessing it was support.

It is no ones business how many shotguns you have as long as they are secure.

Likewise with firearms as long as you have good reason and keep them safe, you can have un unlimited bnumber

Don't quite know how to take your comment but am guessing it was support.

It is no ones business how many shotguns you have as long as they are secure.

Likewise with firearms as long as you have good reason and keep them safe, you can have un unlimited bnumber

My reply was in amazement at the previous statement that it was none of the fao's business how many guns you have.I would have thought that as part of the controlling body for firearms he has every right to know what you have.you could I suppose put it to the test and have a couple of unlicensed ones in the cabinet at his next visit and tell him they are none of his business see if he agrees.Atb;)