Herbalife Diet...anyone

Fisherman Mike

Anyone tried it ?

Im on it at the moment...I've had the Local agent who is also a Pro Footballer and the Daughters boyfriend do the weight, body fat, hydration, BMI and Visceral fat profile on me and work out a dietary programme, and the Daughter who is a Chartered Physio the exercise regime and to be honest Im staggered at the early results...Im well on target to a weight loss of 4 stone by xmas and then lifetime control...its not cheap but as I was spending about 4 quid a day on lunch Im no worse off.

Anyone interested in giving it a go reasonably locally I can give you a referral....its a real eye opener I can tell you finding out that you are 42% fat and your visceral fat level is dangerous.... I've always been very broad and well built ( I was 14 stone at 18 ) and everyone says I carry the weight well...but they have been lying !!!

I've been on it for 3 weeks and haven't felt as good for ages...

Edited by Fisherman Mike

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find eating sensibly and as many veg and fruit as you can enjoy in each meal, a peach, a pepper, green beans uncoocked in a salad, does it for me. I eat a lot of fish, fresh, tinned, home caught.

I am 6'1" and 15 stone. I used to be 17 stone, no diet just a bit of intense exercise now and again, Logging e.g.

Dont pin your hopes on a diet, would be my advice, by definition its a radical change. Change slowly until you enjoy the 'new you' and it will become that awful word, your 'lifestyle'.

I find eating sensibly and as many veg and fruit as you can enjoy in each meal, a peach, a pepper, green beans uncoocked in a salad, does it for me. I eat a lot of fish, fresh, tinned, home caught.

I am 6'1" and 15 stone. I used to be 17 stone, no diet just a bit of intense exercise now and again, Logging e.g.

Dont pin your hopes on a diet, would be my advice, by definition its a radical change. Change slowly until you enjoy the 'new you' and it will become that awful word, your 'lifestyle'.

Agreed. You always get fad diets which make the inventor quite a lot of money, but then they are replace with something else, for the simple reason they dont work long term and are often bad for our health!!)

how many times have people gone on a diet by cutting out a certain food group, only to put most of the weight back on when they reach their weight and start eating said food again? this is natural, because the body craves food it doesnt have and compensates after food group starvation by storing a lot of it!

As mentioned above, healthy (tasty) balanced diet, with minimal processed foods, and a good amount of exercise will get you low and staying low (albeit slower, but permanently!).

Also, dont go to a nutritionist, they are not trained in any way (that matters, see Gillian Mckeath and her purchased online PhD. anyone can call themselves a nutritionist, both you and I could operate as one right now), you want a dietician, they are specially trained by qualified and accredited groups and work for the NHS. the NHS website actually has lots of good info on loosing weight healthily!

Hope this helps, even if it not what you want to hear!

I'm on the 'fasting' diet thingy. Works for me. I'm not totally convinced about the BMI theory. I'm 6' 1" and 13 stone, and was 11 stone 'til I stopped smoking about 10 years ago. Aiming to get back down to round about that weight as there are expensive shooting clothes I struggle to get into nowadays and I sure as hell aint giving them away!

I'm on the 'fasting' diet thingy. Works for me. I'm not totally convinced about the BMI theory. I'm 6' 1" and 13 stone, and was 11 stone 'til I stopped smoking about 10 years ago. Aiming to get back down to round about that weight as there are expensive shooting clothes I struggle to get into nowadays and I sure as hell aint giving them away!

I'm thinking I should lose a bit more weight then ! I was 11 stone at 26 and looked like a stick - maybe a fit 13/14 stones would do it ? Only 2 more to go ?

Is this not just pyramid selling ?

Deershooter

That is definitely part of it. My wife and I went to one of the Herbalife presentations once, and 10% of the talk was about the product and the other 90% was about how much money you could make by bringing other people into the programme.

If you want to live on milkshakes, fine, but if you like food then it's probably not a great idea.

Same mob who kept taking money from my nieces account after she cancelled.

That is definitely part of it. My wife and I went to one of the Herbalife presentations once, and 10% of the talk was about the product and the other 90% was about how much money you could make by bringing other people into the programme.

If you want to live on milkshakes, fine, but if you like food then it's probably not a great idea.

I'm thinking I should lose a bit more weight then ! I was 11 stone at 26 and looked like a stick - maybe a fit 13/14 stones would do it ? Only 2 more to go ?

:lol: At 26 I was 10.5 stone with a 32" waist, and now am 55 with a 41", waist but my work and loads of sport ensured I stayed trim back then. Then I got injured, changed my job within the same company and couldn't do the sport I loved anymore. Packing in smoking some years later saw me eating like a horse and though I remained very active out of work, during work saw me babysitting a fly by wire industrial plant, hence the massive weight gain. There's nothing wrong with 13 or 14 stone if you have the frame for it. If I could still fit the clothes I could 6 years ago I wouldn't be bothered about the weight. Trying on some salopettes a few weeks ago convinced me that if I sat down in them I was likely to put someones eye out with a press stud pinging off at speed. It's got to go.

The whole Herbalife thing is a con...just like Homeopathy it has no basis is science.

Calories in > calories burned = get fat

Calories in < calories burned = lose weight

I know it is not as easy as that but ask these people selling this stuff what qualifications they have or understanding of physiology...just like that horrible witch who looked at people's poo on tv...

Edited by oscarsdad

I suspect these shakes are all about calorie deficit and managing satiety. As an occasional meal replacement they are probably OK, but to eat these things twice a day is not really sustainable long term. As has been said, you will just gain it back when you go off them. You can probably make up a shake like this inexpensively on your own - there is huge profit in this stuff, hence the multi-level-marketing nature of their sale.

The whole Herbalife thing is a con...just like Homeopathy it has no basis is science.

Calories in > calories burned = get fat

Calories in < calories burned = lose weight

I know it is not as easy as that but ask these people selling this stuff what qualifications they have or understanding of physiology...just like that horrible witch who looked at people's poo on tv...

aint that the truth! i put on 2 1/2 stone 5 years back when i quit tobacco and due to my health problems exercisiing is a difficult task , i eat healthily, cook everything i eat personally and probably have 1 beer a week so far as alcohol goes. The biggest difference was at the beginning of last month when i decided to dump sugar in my tea and coffee ( dont drink fizzy stuff either), Tea tastes carp without sugar but i lost exactly 1 stone in a month , no exercise, no other changes apart from no longer having 2 sugars several times a day

:lol: Just the sort of reaction I would expect by a bunch of Fat ******** in denial.....crack on !..........

Well it works for me and when I get to January and my target weight it will be money well spent.

Doc will be pleased too as it will drastically reduce my risk score for HD, Stroke and hereditary Diabetes which is prevalent in our family.

All I can say is after the first month I haven't felt as good since my 20's.

I can appreciate you scepticism however ...I certainly was. :yes:

:lol: Just the sort of reaction I would expect by a bunch of Fat ******** in denial.....crack on !..........

Well it works for me and when I get to January and my target weight it will be money well spent.

Doc will be pleased too as it will drastically reduce my risk score for HD, Stroke and hereditary Diabetes which is prevalent in our family.

All I can say is after the first month I haven't felt as good since my 20's.

I can appreciate you scepticism however ...I certainly was. :yes:

Great news that it is working and well done...but do wonder whether it is primarily the exercise regime and lower calorie intake than anything to do with their products... I suspect a calorie controlled diet and the exercise would have the same results but if it is working for you then that's good news.

Best diet - book yourself a triathlon (Olympic length) and train for swimming a mile, cycling 40k and running 10k. The training will make you not want to eat much as you'll feel **** all the time if you put the wrong food in.

Or start eating quark (high protein low everything else) and I add natural flavour drops from my protein so make it banana quark.

After increasing my heart tablets my Doctor suggested that I join weight watchers-most surgeries now carry a free 3 month voucher to join. So along I went and i'm hooked-without really trying and simply reducing portion sizes and increasing activity I have lost nearly 2 stone in 16 weeks-the upshot of this is a serious reduction in my Meds and a lot more energy. The desire to lose more weight than other people in your group ( you tend to get small groups gathering together every week) is an amazing driving force and to see people gaining confidence in themselves as their weight falls off is inspiring. If you go along with an open mind then I can highly recommend it.