Slight Problem.

Need a bit of help from the PW massive, I was recently given an old miroku that was apparently in good nick well it was in pretty bad shape it has some pitting in both barrels, the forend was seized until I got it free again and now after I gave it a thougha clean and slight face lift I have now found out that the single trigger is not working as it should.

The problem is when I put in some plastic dummy rounds to check if the ejectors where working which they are, the problem is when I pull the trigger it should go BANG BANG but instead it just goes bang and when I pull the trigger again nothing happens BUT if I pull the trigger and then push the safty back and forward again and then pull the trigger the second barrel then goes off.

Would anyone have an idea of what the problem could be??? And what the solution is??

I don't really want to take it to a gunsmith

Sounds normal to me, the trigger mech will switch to the second barrel with the recoil from the first shot, so after pulling the trigger and it firing smartly smack the but bad with your hand and if you do it hard enough the mechanism will switch to the second barrel and you can fire again.

Trevor

Sounds normal to me, the trigger mech will switch to the second barrel with the recoil from the first shot, so after pulling the trigger and it firing smartly smack the but bad with your hand and if you do it hard enough the mechanism will switch to the second barrel and you can fire again.

Trevor

+ 1

no need to wack it.

Just re-select to the other barrel via the "safe" position on the switch and fire again

This how it is with my 20 bore Miroku MK60. Safety off and fire under under barrel. Switch safety on then select over barrel. Safety off and over barrel will fire.

It does if as you say the barrels are pitted.

Figgy

Only slightly it perfectly safe to shoot, was shooting it today and everything is fine ypu fella wher right once the first shot went off, when i pulled the trigger again it went bang again, everything works grand

Only slightly it perfectly safe to shoot, was shooting it today and everything is fine ypu fella wher right once the first shot went off, when i pulled the trigger again it went bang again, everything works grand

Still better to get it sorted if its only small amounts, cheaper to do and stops it getting worse.

The gun will be easier to clean and stuff won't get stuck in the pitting making it worse.

But your the only one who knows if its worth it.

Figgy

Still better to get it sorted if its only small amounts, cheaper to do and stops it getting worse.

The gun will be easier to clean and stuff won't get stuck in the pitting making it worse.

But your the only one who knows if its worth it.

Figgy

I know what you mean figgy but its just a gun for rough shooting and pigeons so if it knock about I dont mind.

Cheers sw

Just get the barrels checked out by a decent Gunsmith who can measure the barrel wall thickness and advise about polishing out (or NOT) as the case may be. If it is given the all clear. then just shoot it. The pitting will NOT affect the way that the gun shoots, as long as the wall thickness is there and the gun is not likely to explode.

Just get the barrels checked out by a decent Gunsmith who can measure the barrel wall thickness and advise about polishing out (or NOT) as the case may be. If it is given the all clear. then just shoot it. The pitting will NOT affect the way that the gun shoots, as long as the wall thickness is there and the gun is not likely to explode.

Aye think I will take it to a smith at some point to get it checked out after reading this post.

Cheers to all who have put there advice in