SCOTLAND

four-wheel-drive

I know this is a major decision in the future of scotland and britain but i am fed up of all the slagging and counter claims already. On my social media is full of people plugging the yes vote and very few 'naws'.

Personally i am a no purely because of job security, there has been very little neutral information regarding this vote just one side saying one thing then getting counterclaimed by the other side. I am very proud to consider myself british and proud of the history these isles hold, i am also a proud scot.

They reckon it could be up at 90% turnout at the polls, i wonder what the turnout will be to elect a party post independace(if succesful obvs)????

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Independence for Scotland would be Political, Social and Economic suicide

Salmond has been consumed with his own self importance and its become a personal crusade for him now

Its independence at all costs and I think the cost has been totally and dangerously underestimated.

He's playing Russian Roulette with 6 chambers loaded

I can seriously see immigration to Britain increasing in the next 50 years if there is a yes vote...but it wont be from Asia or eastern Europe

Edited by Fisherman Mike

Was just gonna post that kdubya. Article in the sunday times.....were doooooomed, dooomed i tell ya!!

I agree FM 100% its all about the salmond ego, whenever you tell a yes voter that all you get is that youre not voting for him you are voting for future independance, does my head in.

Salmond will be dead in 30yrs or less so will I (a lot less) this is about your children and their grandchildren god help us

Salmond will be dead in 30yrs or less so will I (a lot less) this is about your children and their grandchildren god help us

I hope the slug lives long enough to see the damage he's causing and regrets it.

On the plus side, as a foreign country your citizens will be able to come here and get free housing, cars, phones, spending money, everything you need!

Oh, hang on, you're white and speak English aren't you?

No chance then, you're on your own.

Lets hope enough people vote no and put an end to Salmond and his destructive plan for personal Sainthood.

And of the country goes downhill, how many folk will leave? I'd happily go to England or N.I

As much as I love Scotland I wouldn't stay if things go bottom up. It's not that broken at the moment so why change? It'll still be politicians with false promises even if it goes a yes vote

Edited by wildfowler.250

Lets look at this from a different perspective I am English and quite happy with that what if we English decided ok we do not need the Scots or the Welsh or NI and all of the other bits and bobs I an shore that we could get along quite nicely without them but the way that I look at it we live in the British Isles and together we are both bigger and better.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Lets look at this from a different perspective I am English and quite happy with that what if we English decided ok we do not need the Scots or the Welsh or NI and all of the other bits and bobs I an shore that we could get along quite nicely without them but the way that I look at it we live in the British Isles and together we are both bigger and better.

If Westminster had decided to dump the Scots and go it alone then Salmond would be kicking up merry hell. He only wants it because it's his idea and will make his place in history.

The fathead Neanderthal who destroyed hundreds of years of cooperation, ruined a proud nation that still maintained their own identity but were allied as part of the greatest Empire in history.

The biggest problem is the "yes" vote, if successful, will be pushed through by people who don't know what they're voting for or have any understanding of the consequences.

If Westminster had decided to dump the Scots and go it alone then Salmond would be kicking up merry hell. He only wants it because it's his idea and will make his place in history.

The fathead Neanderthal who destroyed hundreds of years of cooperation, ruined a proud nation that still maintained their own identity but were allied as part of the greatest Empire in history.

The biggest problem is the "yes" vote, if successful, will be pushed through by people who don't know what they're voting for or have any understanding of the consequences.

There is a lot of truth in that. I honestly believe that many people have been led into thinking there is some sort of land of ambrosia and have no real understanding of what everything would mean.

I have no doubt that Scotland can go it alone and can be a prosperous little country, but there has to be a monumental attitude shift of so many in Scotland and I think that will take a couple of generations.

Even chips are good old King Edwards. :D

edit: I regret saying that and would like to apologise for any offense. In my defense it was said after a little too much Scottish single malt but that isn't a good enough excuse I know.

Edited by 39TDS

Whether Scotland stays in the Union is up to the Scots, it provides for the celebration of individual nationality without the complete control of an unpredictable economy which the UK as a whole 'smoothes' for each member. I would like a vote but I'm not going to get one so could we set up a straw poll to see who, if given a vote after the Sottish referendum would want to remove Scotland from the Union? Whilst I favour the Union, I think the English deserve a vote too.

30,000 poles 14,000 germans etc etc because of the rules get a vote that counts- why not the people who have undoubtedly helped over the years as opposed to those tyranical English ******** .

I think many people have underestimated Salmond, he is a very good political campaigner as his track record shows.The no campaign seemed to think it was a forgone conclusion that they would win easily and that it was only a matter of bayonetting the wounded.

The more I think about it, it's a huge decision which could come down to a 51/49% split. I know that's the fairest way to do things but it would make a lot more sense in changing is it was closer to say 70% of the country wanting change.

Out of interest, how often are the latest polls updated? I've had a look online and last time I've checked it was in favor of a no vote but that's not what I'm reading on here?

Edited by wildfowler.250

Say what you like about Salmond he has turned a 22point deficit into a 2 point lead in the lastest Yougov poll.He is running rings around the no campaign at the moment.I`m not saying he would be a good leader but as a campaigner he has no match,at least not in Scotland.

What a joke I see on the TV this morning the government are going to announce in the next few days there plans for devo max if they get a no vote is it not a bit late as a lot of people have already voted with there postal votes do they not get it that you cannot win an argument by threatening people as they have with the pound after all I do not think that most Scots want to leave they just do not want us telling them how to live there lives.