SCOTLAND

four-wheel-drive

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am now switching anything to do with this off but lets face it, for many Scots this is going to be the drama of a lifetime one way or the other so perhaps, since we dont get a vote, yet, we leave them to it?

Those who care will vote, those who are filled with independence zeal will vote, its just who can mobilise the greatest number to vote and maybe the non nationals will swing it one way or the other.

Its already no way to run either country or those who depend on the Union, Wales and NI.

Sad, tragic even, but above all, the politically powerful leading the enforced politically blind to an event which no-one can say will be good for both or bad for any.

Pure ********. What a way to begin.

I have just had a thought if they do go will the cost of us sending letters and parcels be going down as we will not have to subsidise getting mail to the wilder parts of there country that has to be good for us also we will not need to build this new railway that would give them fast travel to London it then we get to build our new Navy boats in England it seems better all the time to me.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

I have just had a thought if they do go will the cost of us sending letters and parcels be going down as we will not have to subsidise getting mail to the wilder parts of there country that has to be good for us also we will not need to build this new railway that would give them fast travel to London it then we get to build our new Navy boats in England it seems better all the time to me.

There's a good chance your electricity will get cheaper too as you won't have to invest in the grid in the Highlands and Islands, or have any obligation to buy expensive renewable electricity or try to balance the grid if there's too much wind.

If it's a yes we're shafted.

cant be bothered to read all 30 pages of posts so apologies if it has been mentioned already. But - does Salmond ever say anything without the phrase "bully tactics" in it?!

Cannot wait for this to be over, whatever the outcome.

er no...it is all anti Westminster(read English) rhetoric rather than any policies/detail positive ideas other than ''it will be the promised land of honey virgins and nectar.................

I honestly believe they are heading for disaster, if they vote "Yes", but they are part of our lives.

There might well be benefits in the Scots leaving, but I just don't want them to go.

I agree with the first line! :lol:

KW

er no...it is all anti Westminster(read English) rhetoric rather than any policies/detail positive ideas other than ''it will be the promised land of honey virgins and nectar.................

That's pretty much it and that the ENglish are to blame for all the poverty in Scotland. I still can't get over how they have got away with the racist student tuition fees policy.

Just not long ago listened to Camermorons speech in which he stated you leave, you leave for good there is no coming back.

About the only thing he has said I agree with.

Even the Queen can see what a mess will ensue if the yes vote prevails.

Be gone you northern heathens and up with the border fence :lol:

Figgy

Edited by figgy

The question is why is the Govt fighting tooth and nail to keep Scotland in the Union if your attitude is the dominant one in England-shire?

Because it is all about politicians ego's they do not want to be the govt and Prime Minister that lost the union even though it would be better long term to lose this bloody great millstone from round our necks.And wee eck aka "The Lying Scotsman" wants to be the man who broke the union even though it turns Scotland into a third world bankrupt nation and is the worst thing that could happen to the Scottish people.But his name will be in the history books with the greatest ever win over The Auld Enemy.You can take away oor Banks, oor free prescriptions, oor free university educaton, oor weens are starving, oor auld age pensioners are freezing in the winter and half the country have moved to live somewhere where they can get better benefits cos they still want to keep a uk passport,just in case ye ken.But we won, we beat the bassa.

I think you only have to have a swift browse to see where the derogatory posts are coming from...........

YES: theres ill feeling on this thread

YES: some replys are well constructed and express the writers views

YES: Only the people in Scotland get a vote so no need for the English posters to get so het up..........

Perhaps we down in Englandshire should get a vote to decide whether you should have one of our passports my reckoning is if you vote yes and go for independence that is it you have a Scottish passport only then you are really independent

No Im not kidding.

300 years of Westminster rule/atrocities/illegal wars/poll tax/bedroom tax etc etc. We have a chance to shape our own future and hopefully can do so given a chance. Its not a slur on English-its a stance against the out of touch government that rules these isles with nothing short of contempt. I truly hope that on the back of this, your parliament sorts itself out starts maybe trying to improve things in your country as for 300 years it certainly hasn't managed to do it with the united kingdom.

I don't have a problem with you going but if you go you go for good.You have your own currency your own embassies and your own passports.no entitlement to any benefits this side of a fully controlled border.If you want to work this side you apply for a visa same as any other foreigner.And the last illegal war was started by Tony Blair a Scotsman and the mess we are in at the moment has been caused by two Scotsmen Brown and Blair.NOW another Scotsman is screwing up your country.Who are you going to blame when this lot goes pear shaped,no doubt you will find someone else to blame because surely it can't be your own fault.I have just been converted please vote YES that will in itself improve my country in the long term

Edited by geordieh

I don't have a problem with you going but if you go you go for good.You have your own currency your own embassies and your own passports.no entitlement to any benefits this side of a fully controlled border.If you want to work this side you apply for a visa same as any other foreigner.And the last illegal war was started by Tony Blair a Scotsman and the mess we are in at the moment has been caused by two Scotsmen Brown and Blair.NOW another Scotsman is screwing up your country.Who are you going to blame when this lot goes pear shaped,no doubt you will find someone else to blame because surely it can't be your own fault.I have just been converted please vote YES that will in itself improve my country in the long term

Well said :good:

Will be interested to see what my Brother in Law thinks when I see him next. He was born in Methyl Fife, but has lived in England for the last 50 years. Will he need a passport or will he now be classed as Naturalised English.

He is in Scotland visiting at the moment. Maybe they won't let him back and my sister will have to apply for residency in Scotland. <_<

Don't think they'll have a choice will they, if your Scottish your on your own. Immigration and uk citizenship would have to be applied for, just like any other non eu country.

Figgy

No - if you have a uk passport you are allowed dual citizenship. They would have to formally renounce their citizenship to lose it.

Likewise if you are born to uk parents outside the UK you too can become a uk citizen - unless laws change (unlikely). Seems they want their cake and eat it - if 50% are so dead sure Scotland can make it on its own, I fully expect 50% of the population to renounce their citizenship of the UK (and EU). Put your money where your mouth is.

The lack of response is resounding.

IMHO the uk should charge £500 to renew a passport if you are not a uk taxpayer.

If there is a yes vote, Scots will have to do as many British expats do now - take a day off work to queue up at a British consulate for hours to renew their passports. No more popping into the post office.