Unusual warranty repair...

shootgun

Got my Silver Pigeon brand new, 9 months ago, and lately started to developed a ''sticky'' ejector, so while pigeon shooting i was trying to get the spent cartridge out of the chamber with my hand and the ejector sprung into my thumb taking a chunk of flesh with it, decided to take it back for a sevice.

Dropped off the gun at the shop i bought it from and after being told it will be sent back to GMK for repair, left it to be dealt with. Three wheeks later got a phone call from the gun shop and been told my gun was back, fixed, and ready to be picked up. Popped in to the shop to collect my joy and pride and surprise.... i was told my gun was replaced for a new one, but with my old wood on it :hmm: ... none asked me if i'm happy for my gun to be replaced, but i said to myself, what the hell, a new gun is a new gun... Went in a back room to check the ''new'' gun out, and another surprise... the gun was nowhere close to new, and not my wood on it :mad:

Needless to say, i refused the ''new'' gun, and i said i would only accept my own gun repaired, a brand new one or a refund... Got another call today and they said GMK sent another new gun, ready to be picked up tomorrow, as my old gun was ''beyond repair'' ...

Any advice on this from the PW massive?

They accept there is a problem and are willing to "fix" it which is great and what is expected.

Just wait and see what the new gun is like. Have you got some pictures of your old one if the wood was pretty to use as a benchmark for the "new" one?

I've got pics of the old one, it had a lovely wood

I would want a hell of a lot more info before I accepted that it was beyond repair and here is a new one

especially after being fed some bull!

I did asked a lot of questions and they didn't liked it... They sayd is nothing to do with them, is GMK...

Make sure its better than the one you returned and if it isn't ask for your money back - its only if you get a better gun will you come to love it and feel you were fairly treated.

hope its super !

I won't accept anything but a better or in the same condition gun...

What about informing the police, it'll have a different serial number?

Beyond repair for a sticky ejector?

Weird

It is weird, i would imagine a sticky ejector is a easy fix....

Make sure you remember they told you the unsatisfactory replacement had your wood on it - they have lied once and may again - I'd be tempted to talk direct to GMK with the detail of the conversation with the supplier to hand. This is undoubtedly reputation destroying stuff. Also tell them you sought advice on PW and you hope to post a very positive response from the company or you will have to explain why it wasnt satisfactory. Tell them at least one other prospective Beretta purchaser is holding off until you get a satisfactory resolution - because I am.

Cheers - this is way short of the service you could and should expect.

if as I understand it you are saying the replacement that you were offered was not in fact a new gun then this is most unsatisfactory.i think you may be better waithing to see the replacement that you say is going to be there today.i have had dealings/contact with gmk on a few occasions and found them to be extremely helpful.i would not think that your old wood will have been disposed of and a call to gmk to ask for it back should bring the result you want.i have in the past tried to contact the other big maker and got absolutely nowhere very reluctant to talk to mere customers.i will admit that my gunsmith is excellent and has a large amount of influence it would seem with gmk and goes the extra mile for his customers.i wish you the best of luck and hope you get the result that makes you happy.

As i said, i've been told on the phone my gun was back and fixed, nothing else. On my arrival to the gun shop, i've been told i will get a new gun, with my old wood on it, which was fine by me, but once the gun case opened, i found two lies inside... not my wood, and definately not a new gun... the fore end was chipped,and once removed i found a spot of rust between the barrels, the finish inside the action, around the firing pins worn off and the metal engraving in front of the trigger guard looked like was rubbed with sand paper...

I must say i'm not expecting much today either, and i haven't got a clue what's the next step to take if the 2nd gun will not be acceptable... :sad1:

Both Beretta and Browning getting bad press on here, so what gun should I go for now? Interested to hear how his one turns out.

Get a second hand one 8-10 years old. I wonder if they did not make them better back then? At the very least, someone else has checked it is OK from new :yes:

Edited by aris

Hi Shootgun,

Hope you get sorted mate, let us no. I made a big mistake last year, I had a Browning 325, which I had from new, had it just under 20 years, decided to trade it in for a new browning. Worst mistake I made, can't shoot the new gun any where near as well, plus you can tell from the machined parts they are not up to the standard of the older one.

Regards,

Reggiegun