Be careful guys!

Potentially a similar error.

I use a small digital balance to weigh powder and shot. This balance has settings for troy oz (31.103 gm/oz) and imperial oz 28.349 gm/oz) denoted by oz t and oz in tiny letters. I once used troy oz instead of imperial oz in a 1 5/8oz steel 10g load. Only noticed the extra 4.5gm of shot when I couldn't get the crimp to close.

So sorry for the bloke, a mistake it could have happened to anybody!

Reloading is a physical matter, an exact science which changes parameters with every slight changesand is not just an assembly exercise as some seems to think in here....

I've been predicating safety in a few posts in here but some still deem me crazy!

This time was wrong powder, next time could be wrong recipe or something else....

So sorry for the bloke, a mistake it could have happened to anybody!

Reloading is a physical matter, an exact science which changes parameters with every slight changesand is not just an assembly exercise as some seems to think in here....

I've been predicating safety in a few posts in here but some still deem me crazy!

This time was wrong powder, next time could be wrong recipe or something else....

Not really bud. Your erring on caution can be very restrictive almost equally perverse as someone being completely reckless.

These two powders are worlds apart hence the disaster.

Two powders with applications for the same cartridge would most likely been fine all be it hairy!

It amazes me how many folk fear loading a fraction of a grain over book when a couple of decades ago most loading data listed max loads over what they do now (generally) but no one worries half as much about jumping in their car! Statistically cars are going to be a more risky venture!

U.

EEeeek!

I put 2"x1" white stickers on the front of each tub of powder stating what they are, mix my ammo in calibre batches, and only remove the tub from the shelf above my reloading desk that I'm using at that precise moment.

I saw a similar video when I started reloading (not that long ago) and made the said procedures to help avoid things like that.

But despite what a few people think on here, we are all human..

EEeeek!

I put 2"x1" white stickers on the front of each tub of powder stating what they are, mix my ammo in calibre batches, and only remove the tub from the shelf above my reloading desk that I'm using at that precise moment.

I saw a similar video when I started reloading (not that long ago) and made the said procedures to help avoid things like that.

But despite what a few people think on here, we are all human..

I do something like that too.

I have to be careful with Aliant green dot and 2400, their labels are both green!!

U.

Very unfortunate accident which could have had a much more serious outcome. But let's keep it in proportion millions of cartridges both shotgun, rifle and pistol must be loaded each year by reloaders and yet very few incidents like this happen ( or get reported) so I guess that must say something about the type of person who reloads.

Wish him a speedy recovery.