Fatal accident

michufc

Well 2 days ago I was sitting in my living room when there was a load of fire engines police cars and ambulances rushing past my house and stopping just down the road. Well just down the road it becomes quite a steep hill and this is the key factor. What had happened was a man had pulled up outside a house got out of his car and walked behind it and his own car ran him over I can only assume his handbrake failed as it's quite a hill so i would of thought he wouldn't of even been able to get out without noticing.

Well unfortunately the man lost his life and died on scene. Which is a pretty rubbish way to go so I was just wondering has anyone else got a experience like this they no of because it's a really strange freak accident.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I witnessed a customer get ran over by his own car :(

He pulled up talking to me and he had left it in drive with the hand brake on . It started driving towards our container . He jumped in front of it trying to stop it . ( idiot) I shouted to move but he wouldn't listen.

It pinned him against the container against his legs with him screaming. I thought he'd broke them.

I ran round to the drivers door as the passenger door was locked and reversed it off him. He just walked off lol

His legs were black the next day thp

My cousin in Bridgenorth, Shropshire, got out of his VW Passat (?) some years ago, which he'd parked on a hill, and it started to roll. He says it was just his automatic reaction and once there had no further idea what he was going to do, but he just stepped in front of it, thinking he could hold it back as it was hardly moving. It was much much heavier than he realised and before he could get out of the way it had pinned him against another car just a few feet further down the hill. He started to slump as the weight became heavier and eventually it rolled up his body as he collapsed and severed a main artery in his leg. He almost bled to death at the scene before he was spotted and an ambulace arrived.

He has walked with a limp ever since and most of his calf muscle on one leg is missing; the limp is a result of the shortening of this muscle. Lucky man.

My cousin in Bridgenorth, Shropshire, got out of his VW Passat (?) some years ago, which he'd parked on a hill, and it started to roll. He says it was just his automatic reaction and once there had no further idea what he was going to do, but he just stepped in front of it, thinking he could hold it back as it was hardly moving. It was much much heavier than he realised and before he could get out of the way it had pinned him against another car just a few feet further down the hill. He started to slump as the weight became heavier and eventually it rolled up his body as he collapsed and severed a main artery in his leg. He almost bled to death at the scene before he was spotted and an ambulace arrived.

He has walked with a limp ever since and most of his calf muscle on one leg is missing; the limp is a result of the shortening of this muscle. Lucky man.

A very lucky man I suppose it is your natural reaction to try and stop it but the weight of a vehicle on a near flat road is hard enough let alone a steep hill

There was an accident near me last night 5 kids died in a car crash,

Real tragedy such a young age with plenty to live for

A very lucky man I suppose it is your natural reaction to try and stop it but the weight of a vehicle on a near flat road is hard enough let alone a steep hill

Real tragedy such a young age with plenty to live for

Indeed. I wasn't aware of the severity of this incident until about a year after the event, and although he now walks with a stick I hadn't seen the scars until I visited a couple of years ago. He was in shorts at a garden party for his sons wedding, and the hole in his calf is something to see.

Whilst waiting to buy a car I have a Mercedes vito van on loan. simply the most stupid hand brake system invented. A fourth peddle to the left of the clutch. parked yesterday and noticed it rolling down the road slowly. managed to unlock and jump in before it got above 1mph

back in the day one of the lads drink drived and hit a tree at estimated 120 mph .the RMP made us as a transport unit watch the scene photos to make us realise how stupid this is.3 lads under 22 dead and i still feel sick thinking about it .the most horrible images ive ever seen.if they showed them at christmas no 1 would do it .

back in the day one of the lads drink drived and hit a tree at estimated 120 mph .the RMP made us as a transport unit watch the scene photos to make us realise how stupid this is.3 lads under 22 dead and i still feel sick thinking about it .the most horrible images ive ever seen.if they showed them at christmas no 1 would do it .

Shocking people is the only way though unfortunately

i witnessed an elderly man reversing his car out of the drive, he couldnt quite get the angle right so his mrs got out of the car and directed him out of the drive. sadly he had a heart attack and hit the accelerator pedal hitting his wife, he carried on and hit a stone wall luckily we managed to jump in and turn the engine off. luckily both survived but it could have easily been a double fatality

I was in a fatal crashed. Three people died, I was the only one to survive. I was on the driver's seat, stopped at the traffic lights. A disqualified drunk driver pushed us in the way of an eighteen wheeler. He was arrested and jailed for five years. Out in three. Back behind the wheel drunk, caused another two deaths, including his. Please do not drink and drive. Ever...

A friend of mine was fixing fence one spring . He was ran over by his tractor and spent 18 hours laying out several miles from anywhere. By an incredible chance a neighbour found him. He had a crushed hip and very beat up but was back working in two months or so. He says the worst was the cold, strong wind and 20 F. Thought he would die of hypothermia.

A friend of mine parked up his work landrover on top of a hill and walked off to do something but when he turned around it was rolling down the hill it went off the track and down a steep slope across a couple of fields ending up in a woods it had to be pulled out and scrapped boss was not happy but he said that he did put the hand brake on :sick:

The moto to this is first do not drink and drive and second if you are going to crash your car never never crash in to a tree most things that people crash in to will move to absorb the force a tree just stays where it is.

The moto to this is first do not drink and drive and second if you are going to crash your car never never crash in to a tree most things that people crash in to will move to absorb the force a tree just stays where it is.

marc bolan will vouch for that

its very sad when children are killed, thoughts go out to the family

atb Evo

A few accidents here related to the use of hand brakes, just goes to show they are not to be trusted. Not used mine in any car I've had since passing my test, apart from hill starts.

Park on a hill and turn wheel into the kurb, leave in gear.

+1

Reminds me of a certain car advert. "even when its parked its still moving". Can't remember the make of car now, but it had a hand brake system that was faulty, that when it was warm it engaged fine and then came off again as the car cooled. No-end ran away on hills. The one who came up with the slogan probably regretted it as it was turned against them when the news came out.