Nm 800 or recommend better.

foosa

Well I just been asked to recommend a decent scope mounted lamp, I immediately said the night master 800, turbo kit version. Reason being that it's what I have been using for the last couple of years and find it excellent, I then started thinking if there is an alternative/better to the nm 800? I am not up to speed with the latest lamps and am looking for your thoughts on what's out there now? Cheers.

have to say, the nm800 is a cracking lamp and has certainly stood the test of time,

with regards the T20 well I am hearing bad reports about them,this has mainly been caused due to people jumping on the bandwagon and buying cheap rubbish off ebay,

I build my own T20,s using the best parts I can get my hands on and have been building these for a while now as have a few lads off the other forum,

I have not once had a complaint about the T20,s I have built and as far as I know neither have the other guy,s,. the torches are being sold at silly prices on the bay and so cheap I would struggle to buy the parts for the prices they are being sold,

I have four T20,s white , red,and IR and a 66mm crelant T20 in red and have been using all four for over 12months now and not once have any of them let me down,

don't forget the nm800 costs around £200 + so you would expect it to be better than a T20 which personally I think it is BUT you have to pay for it

atb Evo

the normal T20 with IR performs very well and will easily see to 150-175yrds, now as for my T20 with the red led and the crelant head we can see 400yrds + on the golf coarse ,

Davyo has had problems with the T20 and I don't blame him for going back to the nm800 for reliabilityand performance but it really is "what is your budget"

atb Evo

Evo is spot on with this, the problems i had where with naff drivers/pils, the T20 over all is a cracking torch for the money so dont anybody be put off by this ( just be careful where you buy them from) I did keep one of the bodies and put a good driver in from a reputable seller which workes spot on.The only other issue is the wobbly head but this can be fixed with a bit of tape.

Thanks for the views on the t20, I know the chap who asked me about this is keen on only having good kit and not to bothered about cost as long as it does what its supposed to and won't break or let him down after a few outings, so stick to the nm800 it is then.

Thanks for the views on the t20, I know the chap who asked me about this is keen on only having good kit and not to bothered about cost as long as it does what its supposed to and won't break or let him down after a few outings, so stick to the nm800 it is then.

I would, you get what you payfor & the quality of the NM800 is miles ahead & the performance just cant be matched in my view.I certainly wont spend monies again on anything else unless i see anyhing better in the flesh.The T20 is great value but only if you can get hold of a decent chap that sells them (Evo, Dave-G), plus get some dencent batteries £10 plus jobbies, as the ones that come with them are rubbish.

Edited by Davyo

i have used my mates NM800 fitted with an IR its very good but im not going to spend that sort on money on a torch

so i got a T20 i fitted it with a good driver + a good IR and its very good for the price

but now i am using a T67 IR and its much better then a T20 and its better then a nm800

and it only cost me £25 for the T67 and £10 for the driver +IR so for £35 you got a torch thats better then a £100+ NM800

Edited by ant.mass

If he is not bothered about money then the Xsearcher gives a bit more range than the normal NM 800. If I could afford to pay the upgrade I would, but I will have to stick with the NM 800 turbo kit at the moment.

i have used my mates NM800 fitted with an IR its very good but im not going to spend that sort on money on a torch

so i got a T20 i fitted it with a good driver + a good IR and its very good for the price

but now i am using a T67 IR and its much better then a T20 and its better then a nm800

and it only cost me £25 for the T67 and £10 for the driver +IR so for £35 you got a torch thats better then a £100+ NM800

I am interested in the above. Have you got any links regarding purchasing it/them?

Steve.

I have a nm800 with a red led and my mate wanted one but could not afford it so after some advice from Dougy I brought my mate a red T20 from ludicrous lumens and I can say for the £ you cant go wrong. I wanted to keep the white led in my nm so I thought I would buy my self a red T20 of evial bay and it is nothing like the T20 from ludicrous lumens the old saying is right "you get what you pay for"

I would have to see the T67 perform before I would be convinced

I have a T66 (T67 is just the newer model but basically the same) and have used it along side the nm800 and the T66 can most definitely reach further as it has a slightly tighter beam. Mine cost more than the £35 quoted above (£70-£80 if I remember). I will be up in Northumberland sometime in the new year so you can have a little look with it if you want.

I am a bit confused about these nm800 lamps? for instance, can I buy a nm800, mount it on rifle and go and shoot rabbits? what is the nm800 IR? this is the confusing bit. please be gentle with me as all this is new to me.

The NM800 (Night Master) is excellent for mounting on a scope. The 'IR' is just an infra red 'pil' or LED fitted instead of the white/red one. I use a NS800 )Night Searcher) which projects the beam further than the NM. My kit came from America which was a hell of a lot cheaper that buying it in the UK.

Thanks for that. What's it like to fit?

can I just put people straight before you all go mad and spend your hard earned cash,,

point 1

the T67 is basically a T20 with a different version of the 66mm crelant head, it will certainly NOT and I repeat NOT perform any better than a T20 with a 66mm crelant head

the T67 is basically the same torch, YES it will project the IR further but the downside to this is anything under 100yrds will bleach out unless you are using a decent camera with a decent variable BLC(backlight compensation)

the ej230 or the e700 will by all accounts and tests I,ve done WILL help this problem

point 2

the led and driver in the links is basically a 1000ma driver which is what is needed to drive the oslon black sfh 4715s which is what we are all using NOW in the T20,s and the 501b,s the led is the same ,the driver is basically the same and the lens in the torch is the same as the crelant head so it is impossible for it to out perform a 66mm crelant head on a T20,

the only difference is the NEW shape of the head but the one thing it does have that adding the 66mm crelant head does not is a zoomable head, very handy

but out perform one then I,m sorry this is giving people the WRONG information,

please also note DO NOT LOOK AT THE LED WHEN SWITCHED ON IT WILL CAUSE SERIOUS EYE DAMAGE

hope this puts things straight

atb Evo

can I just put people straight before you all go mad and spend your hard earned cash,,

point 1

the T67 is basically a T20 with a different version of the 66mm crelant head, it will certainly NOT and I repeat NOT perform any better than a T20 with a 66mm crelant head

the T67 is basically the same torch, YES it will project the IR further but the downside to this is anything under 100yrds will bleach out unless you are using a decent camera with a decent variable BLC(backlight compensation)

the ej230 or the e700 will by all accounts and tests I,ve done WILL help this problem

point 2

the led and driver in the links is basically a 1000ma driver which is what is needed to drive the oslon black sfh 4715s which is what we are all using NOW in the T20,s and the 501b,s the led is the same ,the driver is basically the same and the lens in the torch is the same as the crelant head so it is impossible for it to out perform a 66mm crelant head on a T20,

the only difference is the NEW shape of the head but the one thing it does have that adding the 66mm crelant head does not is a zoomable head, very handy

but out perform one then I,m sorry this is giving people the WRONG information,

please also note DO NOT LOOK AT THE LED WHEN SWITCHED ON IT WILL CAUSE SERIOUS EYE DAMAGE

hope this puts things straight

atb Evo

Useful information -Thanks. What would a good T20 with an IR led cost? I am looking for something smaller than my NS800 to use in conjunction with an ATN X sight / Photon XT / Cobra Merlin add on.

can i just say the T20 with a 66mm crelant head is just as good as nm8000 maybe better

and the T67 is better then T20 + 66mm crelant head and the NM800

and the T67 cost £35 T20 +66mm crelant head is £60 to £80 and the NM800 £100+ / £200

SO I KNOW WHICH ONE I WOULD BUY

and i see marky is selling the T67 now so maybe we will see a video of them in action

Edited by ant.mass

Useful information -Thanks. What would a good T20 with an IR led cost? I am looking for something smaller than my NS800 to use in conjunction with an ATN X sight / Photon XT / Cobra Merlin add on.

Best advise I can give it don't sell your NM800 like I did and then try all diff T20s including doublers ect,then I had to go out and spend another £200 plus on a NM800 turbo and a spare neck with IR.i still use T20 now on my spotter and NV driving system for the money they are fine.Its all about the driver and pill and as Evo said there are loads on the bay that a just carp .I changed all the drivers in mine and use them on a daily basis but would never get rid of the NM that stays on the rifle.

there is a post on the NV forum where a guy said he is thinking of getting the x searcher head for the nightmaster

the head on its own is £75 and the reply he got from marky + others was get a T67

anyway its up to you guys what you buy i just thought i would help you guys out

Edited by ant.mass