Goose call recommendations

pob

It's time to issue my birthday/Christmas wish list and I could do with goose calls for the marsh. Pinkfoot and Canada only. I don't have goose decoys.

For Pinkfoot I was thinking of the Haydel's B81.

For Canadas, I was thinking of the Buck Gardner Canada Hammer II. I've got a duck call of theirs and it is very easy to use, though I have had to reseat the reeds a couple of times.

I'd appreciate any recommendations chaps.

I had a very successful session earlier this week on pinks , there was two of us calling and it was apparent one pinkfoot call perhaps does not cover all situations .

I was using a Zink pinkfoot call , this can be blown very loud without jamming and has quite a high pitch , however when the geese had responded and were getting closer a wooden call was much less harsh and had a softer tone , I am not sure what the wooden call was that Tony was using , but I have heard good things about the Eddie Nixon call , the jordan one I have been told is prone to jamming if blown too hard.

Edited by fenboy

It's time to issue my birthday/Christmas wish list and I could do with goose calls for the marsh. Pinkfoot and Canada only. I don't have goose decoys.

For Canadas, I was thinking of the Buck Gardner Canada Hammer II. I've got a duck call of theirs and it is very easy to use, though I have had to reseat the reeds a couple of times.

eddie nixon pinkfoot call best pink call I've owned, olt 800 does Canada and greylags a treat.

As Fenboy said earlier,when we shot earlier in the week a mixture of calls worked well My call for far off pinks or the attention grabber as I call it is the Haydels B81 Once they get close I like to switch to the softer sounding wooden Olt 800 For a call sort of between the two I also have a Olt L22 Both the Olts are unavailable now but can be found on EBay but a little expensive,especially the 800

go for the haydels b81 they are closest to the real thing bud :yes::good: don't do canadas really so wont know that one :/

Personally I use an Eddie Nixon for pinks, which I think is excellent but you need to give it a bit of pressure and I used a Loham gold for Greylags. The Loham is originally a Canada call that I have shaved myself to get the correct pitch. Not everyone will agree but it's what works for me.

I can only echo the thoughts of others on Eddie Nixons call being the best available & he is a great fella to talk to & deal with too.

Check out here for info on all his calls

Goose and Duck Calls handmade by Eddie Nixon

& listen to Tom Sykes try them out.

ATB

S.G.

Funny this subject has come up as I have just been looking at this site thinking of buying one after hearing Motty the other day.

No I dont work for Eddie Nixon and have no connection.

http://goosecalls.co.uk/Goose-Call-Videos

Regards

H

I have pushed the boat out and ordered a pinkfoot call from Eddie, spoke to him today on the phone, sounds a nice and helpful chap. :good:

Be able to wind Dale up leaving him messages on his answer phone :lol::lol:

Regards

H