Shameless Blag

Mike737

My son-in-law is doing the 'Dryathlon' challenge (Dry for a month) in aid of Cancer Research for 40 days through to the end of January. For whatever reason he is struggling to get sponsors, so I hoped I could prevail upon the goodwill of the Pigeon Watch members, and ask if people would sponsor him for even as little as £1.00 each. The sponsorship is through the 'Just Giving' website, so you know it is genuinely going to the charity. Cancer Research is close to my heart, as both of my brothers have lost their wives to cancer, one at age 32, and the other at 50. So if anyone will help, it would be very much appreciated.

Mod's, if this is not allowed, please delete it, but don't ban me!!! :innocent:

https://www.justgiving.com/Craigthackray-dryathlete2015/

Thanks,

Mike.

Edit to put link in, 'cos I'm a ********

Firstly, there is absolutely nothing "shameless "about your blag buddy .

Secondly, well done to your lad for helping others .

Thirdly, i've just donated the £16 required to reach his target .

Finally, its probably the best £16 i've spent in a long long time .

Edited by Jega

Might be in a position to swell the coffers further if tomorrows plot at Cheltenham comes off. :lol:

Having watched my Father die a slow and painful death of pancreatic cancer and given the free support he received during that dreadful time I'm only happy to help..

I'm pretty sure any of us who have had our, or our loved ones, lives affected by this terrible disease feels the same.

Lets hope we get on top of it sooner rather than later...I 'm sure we will. :yes:

Edited by Fisherman Mike

Craig has reached his £150.00 target, thanks largely to the generosity of the P.W. massive! Thank you to everyone who donated, he wouldn't have done it without you. He has now increased the target to £300.00, so if there is anyone who would like to donate to the worthy cause of Cancer Research, anything would be welcome, no matter how small. Donations can also be accepted by text:- MRCT73 £1 (or any other amount) to 70070 Thanks again to everyone who has/will donate!

Happy New Year to all,

Mike.

• 1 month later...