Boots , any member wearing a bargain?

remy 700

Well the Haix boots arrived today and I'm over the moon with them, perfect condition with no wear to sole or insole, no smells either.

At my request they weren't polished as I'll be cleaning them up and putting renapur on them. Lightweight and look bombproof.

The model is high liability combat, good enough for a soldier I reckon good enough for me.

At the bottom end of the market I would recommend Hi Tec magnums. I use these for work but sometimes end up walking the dogs in them. 2 pairs in 4 years might seem a bit much but I'm constantly moving at work and they are the most comfortable safety boot I've ever worn. I think paid £20 for the last pair, brand new from ebay.

Lowa hunter extreme £199 at patrolbase dot com..... One word.... Amazing!!

They put le chams mouflons (or le ****s) to shame, also steer clear of Beretta boots one pair I had were totally destroyed after one day on a grouse moor, duly returned.

The Lowas have been in a good few burns over the season with Barbour endurance gaiters and are 100% waterproof.

can't go wrong with lowas the ones I've had have never even needed breaking in , you can get solomon quest in a brown that are also very good and same for some asolo's

all depending what you want it for really as too what to look at

one thing i will say is don't get used boots as these can cause a lot of problems if your doing a lot of miles as previous owner might have a completely different set of body mechanics and walk differently to you so they have worn in a certain way on the heel block for example and as you walk this can stress out your knees and ankles etc , unlikely if your not doing many many miles but some thing to think about and with the budget ou have you've got plenty for brand new boots

I use the same Lowa boot as the royal marines issue and i have two pairs,

I also have top name boots that cost double the price and there not as good as the LOWA some time you are just paying for the name.

Some might say i have a boot fetish but the LOWA are top class.

Best Regards

I bought cheaper brand boots for years, mostly go through a set of boots a year but this year I splashed out on some Meindl Bhutans and what a cracking boot they are, never going back to the cheapys.

They had them on the shelf for £189 but I got them for £137.... I like to haggle :)

danner pronghorn

love them £ 180.00

Got 7 seasons out of mine , really used & abused them .Never polished or treated them with anything ..Comfortable from day one I think they cost me about £100 from cabellas (USA) , what ever possessed me to buy harkila's I don't know ...