berreta or browning

roostshooter1

There is only one thing that matters here gun fit, both are good guns (yes there have been a couple returned) but buy the one you'll shoot best with you'll enjoy it more.

+1

try miroku also

Browning Citoris look good value at the moment see guntrader

If you are after value look at s/h Grade 5s

imho steer well clear of xtragrain wood when buying a beretta - you dont know whats underneath the finish

Edited by joecash

The mk60 and 725 are very different guns, if you want steel proof go for the multichoked mk70 or 525

looked at a grade 6 mk70 which handled very differently to the 60. I have no real need for multi chokesand think them a gimmick so may well go for the 60, have to top barrel taken to 1/2 and get a reproof

If you dont mind me askinghow much were the teagues and reproof?

It's best to go on the website (just google Teague chokes) and have a gander as price depends on which type and fitting of choke you want. If I recall there are about 3 different types. Mate got his gun back, fitted and reproofed within 10 days.

Once you've had one fitted, if at any time you want another of a different restriction, you simply phone them, quoting the serial number of your gun and they send you another. It will fit like a glove. Service is outstanding.

I've always been a Browning/Miroku fan - last July I bought a Blaser AT2 Supertrap - I had a budget of ~£7k & tried Perazzi, Kreighoff & Blaser - the Blaser won as it felt & the best, I didn't consider Beretta as I've never been a fan for "no reason". Last weekend whist out & about I popped into Rob Halls gun shop as I was looking for a reasonably cheap Trap gun for pigeon shooting & the wood on a Beratta DT10 32" Trap caught my eye - I then made the mistake of shouldering it, it could have been made for me - it's now in my Cabinet :good: :good: & my Blaser is for sale !!

My point is - don't focus on any brand - like has been said in posts above - Gun fit is the key.

HTH

+1

try miroku also

Browning Citoris look good value at the moment see guntrader

If you are after value look at s/h Grade 5s

imho steer well clear of xtragrain wood when buying a beretta - you dont know whats underneath the finish

The extra grain wood on beretta guns has been enhanced by lazer and then finished . This is a technique that is used by many top end gun makers . The wood is solid walnut with extra enhanced grain . Nothing to worry about .

Harnser

I've always been a Browning/Miroku fan - last July I bought a Blaser AT2 Supertrap - I had a budget of ~£7k & tried Perazzi, Kreighoff & Blaser - the Blaser won as it felt & the best, I didn't consider Beretta as I've never been a fan for "no reason". Last weekend whist out & about I popped into Rob Halls gun shop as I was looking for a reasonably cheap Trap gun for pigeon shooting & the wood on a Beratta DT10 32" Trap caught my eye - I then made the mistake of shouldering it, it could have been made for me - it's now in my Cabinet :good: :good: & my Blaser is for sale !!

My point is - don't focus on any brand - like has been said in posts above - Gun fit is the key.

HTH

think you're out of the OP price range here. The guns you state are a far better build quality, and a much nicer feel about them. Your right about the DT 10 though, and the DT 11 , both feel very nice!! :)

7 k is not really out of my price range im just after a gun for abit of pigeon shooting im not after a bells and whistles trap gun just to shoot clays which i very rarely do i was just after peoples opinions on the guns stated

didn't mean you couldn't afford them, but guns you mentioned were, if you like, in the budget range of the beretta and browning range.

I was given a beretta to try when I first started shooting again and since it worked well with me I bought it and have had it since (17 years)

Not too keen on Browning as they are relatively thick in the action and a bit 'clunky' for me. Bought a 20g Game gun, 30" barrels and found it too light and too much recoil. Also bought an AYA no 2 s/s, great gun. Then a beretta extrema, also great for me. I could buy another 12 now, but why ? - It would be a Ceasar Guerinin if I did as having tried it - great fit for me and time I tried something different !

I'll buy an expensive 20 when I give up rifle shooting - in about 20 years.

browning, beretta, and Miroku all quality guns. Go to shop feel a few, and go for what you like best really. Can beat a bit of gunshop retail therapy, so enjoy. :)

+1.

The gun shop retail therapy gets addictive though. My own addiction is starting to bite. It usually does as the season ends. With Beretta, Browning or Miroku you'll not go far wrong if it fits.

For greater flexibility, the more recent models all have 3" HP steel proof too making them fully versatile. Get shopping!

I never used to believe it when people said they were a Browning or Berretta person.

I do now though as I learnt with a Miroku and then "uppgraded" to a new gun and went Berretta. IMO I never really got on with that Berretta silver pigeon. Almost two years ago now I sold the Berretta and spring last year reinvested in an Over and Under but went for the Browning B525 30" that has the 725 Ivector plus chokes and recoil pad etc!

Its like coming home, I am very happy!

I wouldnt hesitiate with Miroku either.

ATB

Matt

Edited by salop sniper