shoot and be safe

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Good Lady,

Don't worry about double posting,

That's what us mods are here for ;)

Everyone does it, including us, only we get to hide ours ;)

Good to meet you yesterday :)

:shaun:

You too Shaun :)

It was also lovely to join you all at the pub the night before. Lovely to catch up with friends we don't get to see too often. Great to meet up with our adopted Crown Shoot friends Tam and Hopper. Special thanks also to Ayano3 and his wife Carol for driving over after late finishes for both with work. We really appreciated the effort and it was great to catch up. X

That'll be me then

Don't want to worry you but I once walked onto your marsh with a god amongst goose guides and I'm sure he will be wanting a full report

All the best

Of

It will be a pleasure to take you out OF , I am under pressure now with you getting a goose on your first visit !

I will send you a PM.

Some pics of the day

Wise words of wisdom to inspire us all.

10846160_10155525170530357_9010066984755

Settling the nerves on our first stand (5)

11295714_10155525171230357_6376657438889

A quick bit as art apprication on the way to stand 6 :whistling:

9d401625-7e69-40c5-9280-a40700aca14f_zps

Best dressed award goes to OF.

11148210_10155525181435357_4330668806638

Some action shots

11013141_10155525173365357_8572661190068

Stephen Tompkinson making a guest appearance on stand 1

11264043_10155525182145357_8132296444996

Also believed to go by the name of neil3728.

AN22840295File%20photo%20dated%20_zpsjim

Father and son holding their trophies

11143100_10155525196170357_8085532818052

Well done on the High Gun Richard

And well done to the NORTH for retaining their Crown :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Well done to everyone for taking part. It was great to put faces to names and make new friends.

I would like to personally thank Teal,the Mods and petethegeek for their hard work organising this fantastic event.

Orston Shooting Ground and all their staff for making us welcome.

The 2 shoot captains for their words of wisdom.

The chaps on the squad I was in.

Everyone who donated prizes gor the raffle.

And Finally, Old farrier for coaching The Good Lady and selling me her new gun. For the gift of a stick and for just being a truly great bloke.

Nigel you are a Legend

e36c39de-4a3b-4c37-8ecd-733bb8fd371a_zps

All the best.

Mark

Nice to see you Charlie and have a good natter and **** take hope to see you again when you are not pretending to be injured and putting a ringer in your place L B Junior :lol::lol::whistling:

It was good to meet you too Hawkeye but I never really understood what you was saying what with you being foreign and all that ;)

With a bit of luck we will both be alive next year and I will show you how it's done and *** are you in this picture? It's like you're small and can hide easily :)

Group_01.jpg

Edited by Teal

I've not been to the charity shoot for a couple of years due to other commitments, but really enjoyed it this year. It's always a pleasure to shoot at Orston, still one of the best grounds on the circuit, certainly in the North. It was nice to see some familiar faces and see some new ones alike, and shoot with some good friends, all met through PW at various stages over the years.

Son of Potter shot beautifully other than one stand and I wish he could shoot more, as I'm sure he could achieve recognition in the sport.

I'm sure his father will claim credit for his shooting prowess but I think this is mainly due to a few marbles he has rolling around upstairs now.

Well done to Teal for continuing to organise these events, and to the unsung heroes that put in the effort without the glory. I'll definitely try to get to the next one and possibly shoot a little better.

Roll on the next one and oh yeah...Oooooop the North!!!!!

Ps. When is Timps going to get those black puddings sorted

So when are we likely to know what the total raised for this year is ?

There certainly were a lot of raffle tickets sold on the day , we must have been around the 5k mark with all the other additions from the crown shoot and guns on the day etc

It was good to meet you too Hawkeye but I never really understood what you was saying what with you being foreign and all that ;)

With a bit of luck we will both be alive next year and I will show you how it's done and *** are you in this picture? It's like you're small and can hide easily :)

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=96afd052de51f3ad9a5642b06f7ed98b&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=308363&p=2827054&md5check=f88e1af6cf7733b3ab3438db36f1cb68&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,ippXPvPSpc0');//]]></script> Group_01.jpg&&0

The little bloke in the Blue sweater in front of the word shoot on the poster..and get a shave before you come again.... :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Edited by hawkeye

whatever you do don't anyone use that as an offical picture... i'm giving Dunkield the finger in that shot for suggesting the ground shook as i slid to the floor at the front!

And there was I thinking my legs were shaking because of the excitement......